www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:42 am 

justej wrote:
Actually medicare is NOT age restricted. I've had it since I was 27

It's generally age hated, but there are exceptions. Most people only have access to Medicare when they reach retirement age. The exceptions are via disability and dependency. These are atypical.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:03 pm 

MSUSpartan wrote:
Medicaid (government permanently disabled, or extremely low income) and TriCare (active military and immediate family, plus disabled veterans if I'm remembering correctly) can qualify for diapers order through specific vendors, with a quota.

That's it. The bar majority have no options

Wow... that sounds like a real problem... even not with a privat insurance? I mean - there are also quotas at last in germany, and yes - it's much easier to get catheters then diaper or pads (what is some how stupid, because often the catheders are more expensive).

How ever, the problem here is, that a lot of people that are affected don't now about there rights or are simply to tired or to shy to fight for they're rights and end up with a poor supply. I mean - at the end it was the same for me. After tons of mails I had a gentle agreement with the supplier. I mean - yes - I could had claim my rights in front of a social curt, but to be honest - at the end I was really fed up with all of that and just did't want to spend any more time into it - and so I payed.

But with the health system in the USA that seems to be a complete different story...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:36 pm 

Almost no private insurance covers diapers. Full stop. It's extremely rare here for people to get any coverage for absorbent products.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 pm 

not sure about other state here in the uS but mine they will not pay for anything that will not work for 99% who need them great value paper towels work better than what they pay for here i am lucky in the fact i can sneak by the skin on my teeth buying what i need and pay other bills i have just wish i could help others more than i do