www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:56 am 

Ellyn wrote:
I wear cloth and disposable products, depending on the occasion and need. If I use a single cloth diaper, I feel wet and uncomfortable fairly quickly (a few hours). With double diapers, I can go a very long time between changes, much more than double the time (up to as much as 8 hours). It has to do with wicking and capacity of the whole diaper. Double diapers seem to pull wetness away from my skin much more effectively, making me feel dryer longer. When I change a cloth diaper, usually the whole diaper is damp. When l change a disposable, the top front and back is usually pretty dry, yet the bottom area is soaked and puffed way out, which is a testament to its’ inability to wick well.
Yes, when I’m wet, I feel wet, but that’s true with any product I use. I use medicated creams and lotions when I feel irritated, but I usually wash very well with soap and water between changes to kill bacteria.
Being dry is always a good feeling, for as long as it lasts, but feeling wet is a “normal” feeling and a reminder that I need to think about a change soon.
Cloth diapers are bulky. Double diapers are bulkier. Disposable diapers are much less bulky but less comfortable to me. Fortunately I have found ways to deal with the bulk a LONG time ago so I can feel comfortable and carry on with my day.

Interesting. I take it that your incontience is like small losses of urine throughout the day making changing every time you are wet impossible or at the least extremely impractical?
and yes, it is true that wet feeling is pretty much universal among diapers once they get to a certian point. But for me, i like to keep as dry as possible. I like products with a stay dry lining.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Last edited by sociologygeek on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:29 am 

I have progressed to nearly no control, which means it’s usually a constant slow loss of urine. However many times when I stand or get out of bed, I will flood. Sometimes I flood anyway. It’s those times that causes my stress and necessitates my preparedness.
I learned long ago that I need to stay well hydrated, especially when outside in the summer. Because of that, I void a lot, but the fallout from lack of adequate hydration causes severe health issues.
I work in an office environment only part time (maybe 20 hours per week maximum). The majority of my time is outside, which makes changing a problem sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:29 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
I have progressed to nearly no control, which means it’s usually a constant slow loss of urine. However many times when I stand or get out of bed, I will flood. Sometimes I flood anyway. It’s those times that causes my stress and necessitates my preparedness.
I learned long ago that I need to stay well hydrated, especially when outside in the summer. Because of that, I void a lot, but the fallout from lack of adequate hydration causes severe health issues.
I work in an office environment only part time (maybe 20 hours per week maximum). The majority of my time is outside, which makes changing a problem sometimes.

How long do you go between changes?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm 

I change when needed...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm 

I wear better dry 24/7 which are pretty bulky. As far as I'm aware, no one knows I wear them other than my wife. I mean, I wouldn't really be surprised if some people had an idea but no one has ever said anything. I just don't really think that many people are staring at an almost 40 year old dude's butt. I also dress around my diaper so that it's pretty well hidden.

Recently I've tried underworks compression "tanksuit"...basically a compression onesie. It totally flattens out the diaper and hides things very well. It has a snap crotch like a normal onesie but is very tight providing compression. I can wear slacks with tucked in shirt and I really don't think you can tell I'm wearing a diaper. I'm still kind of testing it out to make sure the compression isn't too tight that it may squeeze fluid out or prevent the diaper from swelling as needed....so far though I haven't had any leaks so I think it's good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:55 am 

pants one size larger. wear all black all the time. shirt is always the tall version and always untucked.
even had my suit pants tailored to be a bit more roomy for times I need to wear the suit. other than that
it's black jeans and a black polo everyday of the week. and honestly could give a hoot what others think.
my job is to be as discreet as possible .and be as odorless as possible while out in public or at work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:25 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
pants one size larger. wear all black all the time. shirt is always the tall version and always untucked.
even had my suit pants tailored to be a bit more roomy for times I need to wear the suit. other than that
it's black jeans and a black polo everyday of the week. and honestly could give a hoot what others think.
my job is to be as discreet as possible .and be as odorless as possible while out in public or at work.

I don't wear all black. I regularly wear khakis. using a diaper that is adequate should prevent any leaks as long as you change often enough. I haven't had a leak in ages.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:53 am 

i rather have a small touch of bulk rather than a leak i to am between sizes med is touch small and large are big on me aides will add a booster pad when they take me out for what ever we are doing that day they get my pants a size bigger and they use the onesie on me and what ever they dont hide of the bulk so be it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:30 am 

I wear Betterdry diapers and a plain coloured onesie and pants one size up and no one has noticed as far as I know but after 5 years of dealing with a bladder issue and now occasional bowel issues I really dont care if some one notices a bit of bulk as its better then wet pants.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:01 pm 

MikeJames, I almost always wear a onesie and, in warm weather, I often wear compression pants. Please provide the brand and source of your compression onesie. It sounds very helpful.

Regarding bulk, over the years I slowly have accepted that no one notices. I wear a Dry 24/7 or a North Shore MegaMax with a booster pad, a cloth pullup over that, than PUL pants. It gives me a long time between changes yet the bulk is almost imperceptible under the right clothing.

I wear black jeans or pants, relaxed fit, one size larger than normal. I will strongly recommend the jeans and pants from Duluth Trading Company. They are designed for a "mature" fit and have a triangular gusset sewn into the crotch. That extra material in that gusset provides just enough space to accommodate my bulky diaper combo.

--John
(double incontinent)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next