www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worse case scenario
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:27 pm 

well went to hospital on Thursday and it is the worse case scenario.

i have made a few posts regarding that i suffer from bowel disease something called diverticulitis which is infections of the bowel, i spent a whole month end of last year in hospital

i have seen the surgeon and sadly they can't operate and also at the same time think there is something else in the abdomen and am going back for another round of tests.

the problem with not been able to operate is that when and if i do come down with a very bad infection there is likely hood of me passing away, this is something i did discuss.

if people are wondering why they can't operate simple terms they can't get enough bowel to the surface to make a stoma :(

in the mean time think i am suffering again but think i have caught the infection early, they have done bloods so am waiting for the results.

this is now like starring down a half loaded gun :|

Post subject: Re: Worse case scenario
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:38 pm 

I fear that I feel your pain, literally.
I have a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis 5/8/19. Right now I’m on antibiotics and gastric meds.
I was warned that this could be a “very serious condition “..... So I too get to hold my breath for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 am 

many people over the years develop diverticulosis without actually knowing about it, it is basically modern western world diets which is the cause but for a few the pouches inside the bowel can get infected which as we know can be serious and can lead to stoma which in my case they can't do as they don't think that they can get enough bowel to the surface to make the stoma.

the imagining they are doing is a ct tomography which gives like a virtual image of the insides and that way they know what they are dealing with.

in my case they are going for management but there is all ways that risk of infection becoming serious and as they say that is that :(

like you ellyn i am on gastric meds but to be honest it is like taking sweeties which don't work too well.

the other downer for me is that the rectum is also diseased and i am suffering with bowel leakages which isn't great and with the latest news it looks like i am going to be stuck in diapers. they will be looking at what is causing it but the question remains, can they rectify it.

well ellyn i prayer that the disease you have doesn't get nasty and the antibiotics work and hoping that your imaging comes up with some answers.

t.c god bless,

mike

(am i down beaten? well just a little but i all ways try and keep cheerful no matter how bad it gets)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 am 

Sorry, you are suffering and not able to get the solutions you need, hopefully, the imaging can help the doctors find a path forward! we are pulling for you!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:07 am 

Sorry that you are both having to deal with serious bowel issues. Hoping for wisdom of the doctors and that the tests and therapies result in a good outcome for you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:29 am 

I am very sorry to hear about your dire situation. If I were you, I believe that I would seek a second medical opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:40 pm 

Inconinmiss wrote:
I am very sorry to hear about your dire situation. If I were you, I believe that I would seek a second medical opinion.

Most Differently seek a second opinion. I had Diverticulitis surgery back in February. Before they got everything under control My GI doctor was talking about the idea that they may have to take my whole large intestine out. This lucky did not happen but the fact is that they can do that. I is life changing as the side effects are huge... But you will live.. Do a google search for removing the hole large intestine. I to was near death with this. I had three abscess one was as big as my fist and I wear an xl glove so. I almost died from this. Fight for a second opinion and do not give up until you get a better answer. Blessings to ya.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm 

My father had a serious bought of diverticulitis last year. He almost died, and spent some time in the CCU. He ended up also having cholesistitis, and paratenitis. They nuked his with a crazy cocktail of antibiotics. They removed his gallbladder, which turned out to already be necrotic. They intended to also do a colostomy, but he ended up healthy enough that they cancelled it.

In any case, keep fighting. You don't know how this will turn out until it turns out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am 

i have found out that it is a ct colon scan i am having done. the big downer and worry is that in rare cases it can blow the bowel!

it is like a catch22 as they do need to find out what this mass is but at the same time there is the risk above.

i feel for anyone who suffers with this medical condition, i too lost my gall bladder and when they took it out the organ had gone rotten lucky it didn't burst.

as for me i seem to be managing with the dv disease the problem lays with what is lurking inside me, once the scan is done the surgeon is writing to me with the findings and a plan of treatment.

in the mean time any symptoms then it is treatment a.s.a.p and pads for the bowel leakages.

t.c for now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:49 pm 

Mikey and Ellyn, I hope and pray for the very best outcome for both of you, and I'm in complete agreement that a second opinion is warranted.

W.