www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: very disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 am 

thought i would try the I.D expert slips normal and what a major flop it was like the quality wasn't there and soon as i put one on it was like the garment was rotating i know the size is correct and the drooping started.

well they are going in the bin and will be sticking with the tena active slip which seem very good and do their job of staying put no matter how long i use one.

Post subject: Re: very disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:02 am 

I experiment a little but generally I’m a creature of habit. I found what works well for me over the ...years... so I’m usually reluctant to alter from my routine. When I do experiment, I purchase enough to get a good understanding of performance, be it a bag of disposables, two cloth diapers, one pair of pants, etc.
Abena M4, ComfiDry 24/7, Tena pull-ups, Tena Intimidates pads, ACD night weight prefolds, Gary neoprene pants, etc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:16 pm 

products failing me... there sure have been quite a few! they are not all created equally and they don't all work for everyone. this is why I Always say try a product at home until you TRUST the product will protect you! and you should try many types and brands to find the right one for you, what works for me will not necessarily work for you. Thank you for sharing your input on the product!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:31 am 

not sure if the I.D slip is a new product it has pvc backing with breathable cloth sides i think this is where the issue lays, the cloth sides.

i will try putting it on in different positions to see if i can remedy the situation but i feel it is like the tena slips with cloth backing where they just slacken with use and then the drooping of the product starts.

i think to be honest though i will be sticking with the tena active slips they are really good and the main thing is that they do the job.

does anyone else feel that these cloth backing diapers just don't do a good job like the pvc backing ones?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:58 am 

I find some are better than others but none as good as plastic backed. I also find, as most others do, that they tend to droop with use and then have a tendency to leak. The manufacturers say that the tabs are refastenable but in my experience once you remove the tabs they lose most of their grip and then tend to loosen or pop off. I never get more than one reposition at best and even then it's a bit iffy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:38 pm 

thought i would give the I.D expert slips another try and when i unfolded the diaper i noticed that the breathable sides had pin prick holes all over them then after putting it on one of the tapes came off so the whole lot is going in the bin talk about shambles and what about the pin prick holes on the sides? no good for those side sleepers, wee would go straight through.

as there was no damage to the packaging i suspect these are seconds hence why they were so cheap, no more.

going to get another pack of the tena active slips.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 pm 

mikey1966 wrote:

does anyone else feel that these cloth backing diapers just don't do a good job like the pvc backing ones?

So far in my experince, the plastic backing seems to do a better job,

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:07 pm 

I remember my first disposable diapers and plastic pants in 1987...the green-colored Depends w/ three tapes and Mark Clark plastic pants. The diapers then didn't have the super absorbent polymers, so no matter what you wore, and I wore Depends and Attends, they always leaked, making plastic pants a necessity. Of course, anyone who has leaked into their plastic pants knows that the plastic is waterproof, but the leg openings aren't, and they will leak! I had many a "smile" on the back of my pants in those days. Today the options are much better. I wear a premium diaper, the ConfiDry 24/7, with booster pads and Gary plastic pants. I've only leaked once during the day, and that was due to a defect in the diaper. I will occasionally wet the bed, but it is rare. I used to have problems with my upper tapes loosening in my sleep, resulting in leakage out of the top of the diaper. However, since I started reinforcing the diaper tapes with clear packing tape at night, I have experienced very few problems...usually when my diaper becomes oversaturated if I happen to wet heavily in my sleep.