www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am 

I recently found a case of Tranquility ATN's that I had forgotten about, but the problem was that they were size mediums and I have, shall I say, outgrown them. I wanted to use them to get them out of the way and I thought what if I used them as a kind of booster pad inside of a pull-up. Then to keep everything in place a light compression pant over that. Well I've used this combo for several days and it seems to be working just fine, no leaks at all. I'm using 3-4 medium ATN's a day which is about what I normally use during the day so that's in order too. At night I still use my cloth pad inside a pull-up with PUL pants so no change there.

I was wondering if anyone else has experimented with unusual diaper combinations and if so what were they and how did they work?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:14 am 

That is an interesting combination. I have heard of children's diapers being used as an economical alternative to a booster pad....you have to remember to perforate the waterproof backing of the children's diaper so your urine will pass through the small diaper and into your own instead of getting blocked by the small diaper's plastic exterior. What kind of pull-up do you use? I would think the weight of a soaked ATN would drag the pull-up down, risking leaks. Even using a securely taped on ConfiDry 24/7, I have to be careful with a fully wet booster inside.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:33 pm 

schooner, the compression pants hold the pull-up and diaper in place.

W.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:31 pm 

Ahh....yes he did say that. Got it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:42 pm 

Schooner:
In this case it was just an inexpensive Fit Right pull-up. The size was an XL so there was plenty of room to fit the medium ATN into it. The pull-up was really just there to contain things and maybe act as a bit of a back-up to the ATN in case of a leak around the internal diaper. As Wetters said the light compression pant was to hold everything in place and it did so nicely.
I've also used baby diapers as an insert. They work surprisingly well too, they hold a lot but swell up a lot. However I've never had any luck with punching holes or cutting slits into them. The holes just seem to be immediately plugged up by the SAP in the baby diaper. Slits would let urine through but then SAP went everywhere and it was a mess when it came time to clean up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:56 pm 

I’ve mentioned my combination of a Tena Intimates pad inside a Tena pull-up for slender fashion needs. This combo provides for great absorbency of the pad and pull-up backup (with moisture barrier).
I usually wear a compression brief, pantyhose, briefer, or something to keep the damp pull-up in place.
I have never been let down with this combination, though cloth remains my preferred, though certainly not for skinny jeans....