www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moderators
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:11 pm 

Batman, congratulations on your appointment as a mod. I hadn't known about it and would have congratulated you sooner had I been aware of it.

Schoppy, Since it's no secret that incontinence affects both men and women, I hope that more women will feel comfortable here as members and that their presence will eventually be at least tolerated by the "Good Ol' Boys" here. If ISC ever develops a significant female membership, I think a female mod would be justified. Since ISC has had a female mod in the past, I'd like to nominate Ellyn right now for the next opening, but I truly hope that some of the lower-functioning guys here (too many to list, but seven of them immediately come to mind, and I suspect they know who they are) will be somewhat less critical and openly hostile to her or any other woman here, whether she's a moderator or not.

W.

Post subject: Re: Moderators
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 pm 

Thank you Wetters. I to wish there would be more women here to give their take on things, as one of the post in the past was asking for advice and all the men could do is reassure and talk about what we have to do. It may have a little bit more weight to the advice if it was another woman giving the advice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:32 am 

May I second the recommendation, above, that a female moderator be considered. Some of the best incontinence adjustment advice I have received has come from female pelvic floor therapists. These ladies deal with every aspect of incontinence imaginable, and some I have not thought of yet. I have the highest respect for them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:06 pm 
Admin

I would love to have more moderators, especially female moderators.
They have a point of view that us guys can't have. :)

If ANYONE wants to be a moderator, or wants to nominate anyone, please let me know.

We get on the average between 350-580 people looking at our forum on a daily bases.
That's a lot of people that may have been helped in some way on how to deal with their incontinence.
That's something to be proud of. That's why this forum was made, to help other people deal with their incontinence.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:57 pm 

I suggest trying to get Sandy to come back. She used to be one of the most prolific and interesting commenters, before she lost interest in this forum. But she might agree to take a more active role again if she hears she is wanted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:45 pm 

this is going to sound crazy but it was a lady that got me to putting my diapers on well enough that slowed down the leaks i had no joke 7 or 8 guys try many times and they never did teach me right sad part is now that i am 100% chair bound and very weak in my arms and hands from failed carpaltunnel sergy i have to just let aides do that now and hate it very much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am 

Vandel Fisher wrote:
I suggest trying to get Sandy to come back. She used to be one of the most prolific and interesting commenters, before she lost interest in this forum. But she might agree to take a more active role again if she hears she is wanted.

Yes! I've long thought the same and would welcome her return to this forum, indeed!

@ Schoppy: See if you can contact Sandy. See if she will kindly re-activate her participation here.

John

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:49 pm 

I joined the ISC forum in January, 2014, and Sandy was not actively participating @that time. After some time had passed she posted a couple of times to update the group about some woman she knows who @long last married some guy she knows, but nothing substantive as to managing incontinence, either from female gender-specific point of view or generally. I guess I missed something special, and I hope that she will become active again, if not as a mod, as a regular member. I suspect that she has a lot of good info for people who joined ISC within the last few years and have not had the benefit of her commentary.

W.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:42 pm 

Sandy! is still around :)

Sorry life has been so crazy. But i still surf the site from time to time. It nice you people haven't forgot about me :D

LOVE YOU PEOPLE...............................Sandy :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 pm 

Hi Sandy:
Glad you've come back! I've only been on this board for a couple of years but I think it's great to have an active woman moderator. Although there are obviously some significant differences, there are also quite a few things that are the same with our condition(s) and a gender alternate point of view is, in my opinion, always welcome.