www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi! New member here....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am 

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the boards, although not new to the struggles of bedwetting. Bedwetting has been something that has plagued me for almost my entire life now. It took me a little longer, from my few memories of the time and what I was also told, to get a hang of potty training and staying dry during the night but eventually I did. Then around 10 years old, I had a wet night. It was one occurrence and I remember being told it was just a one time thing. A few weeks later it happened again and then again a few weeks after that. At first it was happening every few weeks but gradually got worse to the point of where it was almost nightly by high school. It continued that way until I miraculously had a brief dry spell - no idea why still to this day - of about 6 months.

Since I am here, it's obvious that the bedwetting returned after that dry spell (of course within a week of getting the plastic mattress protector). It was particularly crushing to my self-esteem and self-confidence which were only just then getting back to high levels after the years of bedwetting. I was reluctant to date or stay out of my house, other than my cousins.

Once I was out of diapers nightly when I was young, they never returned full time (I think mostly because I was open about my hate for them when I had to wear them and my mom felt bad for me). I was required to wear protection when traveling, staying away from home, or if I was sick. Thankfully my mom was super helpful with it all and would usually do all the cleaning, changing of sheets, wiping down of mattress protector. I have quite the big family - both immediate and extended - and I've been really lucky in that they were all very accepting of it and never gave me a hard time.

I'm currently 30 years old and living with my fiancé. I didn't tell her until we moved in together last year and she has been so amazing and supportive about it. She suggested I try protection to help with my sleeping and it really has made a huge difference in quality and quantity of sleep I get now.

Anyway, I found this forum and wanted to reach out and say hello!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:23 pm 

Welcome to ISC, It takes a lot of courage to come and post on this board and it sounds like you have come to accept your situation in a very healthy way. It's great news that your fiancée is so accepting and it sounds like she wants the best for you. I too have a bedwetting problem (as well daytime IC ) and my Wife is very supportive and I know that it makes a world of difference. Finally please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, there is a huge wealth of knowledge here and everyone is more than willing to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:49 pm 

Thanks for the welcome! Prior to this, I only ever was on the reddit support group which has been helpful but I'm always looking to meet new people with similar situations. It helps so much to be able to talk about this with people who understand and can relate to it all

Padded53 wrote:
Welcome to ISC, It takes a lot of courage to come and post on this board and it sounds like you have come to accept your situation in a very healthy way. It's great news that your fiancée is so accepting and it sounds like she wants the best for you. I too have a bedwetting problem (as well daytime IC ) and my Wife is very supportive and I know that it makes a world of difference. Finally please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, there is a huge wealth of knowledge here and everyone is more than willing to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:55 pm 

Add my welcome. The support I get here makes me easier for may family to endure me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:13 pm 

add me to the list hope any time you need any help dont be shy or scared to post for help here there is loads of help here to be had

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:48 am 

Welcome to the group! There is a wealth of knowledge and insight on this forum that has helped me greatly in dealing with my IC issues. It's great that your fiancé is so supportive...that goes a long way to accepting and managing things. Again, welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am 

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Excited to contribute along the way!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:17 am 

Hi Patrick

Welcome to the group

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 pm 

Hi Patrick,

I'd introduce myself, but you already know me. I'm AE from the adultbedwetting Reddit sub.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:16 pm 

Hi, Patrick0212. Welcome to ISC. I'm happy to hear that your fiance is accepting and supportive as to your bedwetting. I think you were wise to give yourself time to allow your best qualities to emerge in the course of your relationship before your reveal, and thus reduce the chance of being defined and judged on the basis of your bedwetting. It appears that you have accepted it well, too.

IMO, one must timely advise someone with whom we plan to share a bed, or is providing a bed for our use, but because bedwetting occurs in a private place at a private and vulnerable time, one need not reveal it other than on a need to know basis. In other words, it doesn't need to go on Facebook! Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

W.