www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:30 am 

That explains the advantages of the pants over disposable arrangement: most of the urine goes into the disposable while any leaks get soaked up and are easier to wash out than a whole washable nappy. It's essential for not only side sleepers but really any male as men are prone to leaks out of the side, which in a disposable on its own would end up on the sheets. Sadly, no getting out of the bulk and the plastic or rubber pants (the latter doesn’t give me any discomfort).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:47 pm 

fiacs wrote:
This is my new routine for home:
1. premium disposable (betterdry, 24/7)
2. thin pull-on cloth diaper to absorb any leaks
3. vinyl pant

Routine for travel: same as home. If I am on a long business trip, I will use towels instead of the cloth diaper and tip handsomely.

I have a very similar nighttime setup except I use a Garywear PUL pant... the premium diapers rarely leak on my at night.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 pm 

Actually getting ready to go to sleep now. I'm up a little later then usual. Feeling better then usual. But I use the Tranquility ATN with a Tranquility booster pad. I sleep on My back mostly. But I do have to be turned and repositioned a couple times a night. I sleep on a disposable bed pad as well. But that's more for changes then leaks. I rarely have leaks. And usually don't have to be changed until morning. Unless I have a bowel accident.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:07 am 

I basically use the same protection for day or night, the only difference being in the type of booster pad I use. My base protection is a premium diaper, the ConfiDry 24/7, and 7 mil Gary Manufacturing or Suprima (sold by B4NS) plastic pants. During the day I wear a booster pad without wings, and at night I use one with wings. I usually sleep on my back and occasionally on my stomach, and although I am a moderate to heavy wetter at night, I've probably only wet the bed ten times or so over a thirteen year period, so not too bad. Mainly the issue was my upper tapes coming loose when I move around in my sleep, and the diaper leaking at the waist. That issue was solved by reinforcing the diaper tapes with clear packing tape, keeping everything in place. I've also leaked at the waist a few times when wetting while sleeping on my stomach. In general, though, leaking at night is not an issue. I can experience three good wettings at night before leakage is a risk.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:08 am 

Clothdiapers has been the only leakfree and safe setup for me. All disposables I have used have leaked and resulted in a wet bed. No matter the brand and if premium or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm 
Admin

Im the same as jms
Cloth diapers and plastic pants are the only thing that works for me at night.
If Im away from home overnight I will use disposables and plastic pants with a bed pad.
Having a wet bed is no fun, either at home or away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:35 pm 

I tend to wear a Tena Slip or a heavier Seni to the bed if I feel like it might be a rough night.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:25 pm 

Hi All

I have of late been wearing Pride by Dotty Diaper V2 with a booster, compression pants, a waterproof cover and one of the new fab stretch Dotty Onesie Bodysuits this is working for me to contain what it needs to at the moment and thankful gives me a good nights sleep without any need for changes. I also have a waterproof mattress protector!

Hope this helps!

Greenbank