www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's been confirmed
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:00 pm 

My ankle fusion failed. The ct scan shows no signs of fusion. Next is a bone stimulator machine that will hopefully rejuvenate my bones to get them to fuse but that could be a longshot. If that fails then I will have another surgery where he will put a rod, cage, and more bone grafts in. If that doesn't work we are looking at amputation. At this point I would rather go straight to the amputation. I've had 6 surgeries in 5 years. I'm tired.

Post subject: Re: It's been confirmed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:08 am 

Hi Justej

Sorry to hear the fusion failed and you may have to have an other operation or possibly an amputation. Praying the rejuvenation procedure works and it allows the fusion to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:24 am 

I’m very sorry to hear about your bad medical news.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm 

This must be the pits. More than just the pain, which is bad enough, managing incontinence when you cannot walk must be nearly impossible. My heart goes out to you. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 pm 

I'm sorry, 'ej. I hope the quickest and least-grueling option works. If ultimately amputation is required, would they take part of your leg as well? I know that you had broken your leg in several places and have had difficulty healing. I wish you the very best outcome.

W.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 am 

My condolences.. let me know how you make out. Are the pocket diapers still working for you?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm 

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to get back to my dog walking gig after this surgery but it looks like my dog walking days are over.

I've mastered the art of diapering laying down and when in public diapering on one foot. Let me say that one was not a fun one to master. I still have my aide and she helps sometimes if my hands shake or my upper body is too tired and sore.

Sociologygeek - I've gained some weight with the lack of mobility so I haven't been able to use the cloth lately. I've been on a rotating cycle of trying out different diapers that Medicaid will mostly cover but I came to the conclusion today that I'm going back to northshore supremes. I got samples in the mail today and they fit me perfectly. I wore supremes up until this last surgery and my finances were so tight that I had to go with whatever Medicaid covered. I paid off a bill last month and my cable bill went down so with not much wiggle room I'm able to get the supremes.