www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So far so good
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 pm 

I've successfully managed my incontinence for the first part of my trip....2 plane rides to Florida from DC. Luckily for me my seats on both planes were right by the bathroom. I wore a abena pull up and had minor leakage but it held up well. I changed into a l4 right after I got off the plane. There was no way I could change In those bathrooms. So ridiculous. I do think it was total luck and I was flying by the seat of my pants for sure. Now on to drive to the island and pick up my betterdrys and start vacation.

Post subject: Re: So far so good
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 pm 

Have a great vacation!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:36 pm 

Hi!
I go through security with a pull-up to avoid TSA issues. I’ve never been asked about the minimal padding after passing through the full body scanners. I have however been pulled aside for a wand check a few times.
Once through security, I change into a premium diaper from my carry on luggage. I then wait for the flight and fly worry free. On longer flights, like to Hawaii, I use a booster in the diaper. I also wear a longer top that somewhat covers more of my full butt.....
At the destination, I generally depend on drug store brands (NOT Depends), though always have a few premium diapers in reserve, and one diaper (and booster) for my return trip.
I always try to just carry on, which limits the amount of reserve, though I’ve heard that some airlines transport medical supplies free (??). I have always found supplies at the destination to get me through and try to make the whole issue as non-issue as possible so I can be free to ENJOY MYSELF!
One of the greatest part of being away on vacation is not (generally) knowing anyone there so there’s the resulting freedom and being much more at ease!
Hanging out at the pool or walking the beach still has its’ own set of problems with being spontaneous, but that’s about it. The rest is simply wonderful!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:05 am 

It' easier when travelling through European/Asian airports.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:04 pm 

Hey all! Just checking in. I'm nearing the end of my trip and I've had a great time. No issues on the incontinence front. The betterdrys and bed pad I ordered from northshore have been perfect. I found out last night that I'm allergic to chlorine. My dad said I got allergy tested when I was little and they already knew that but for some reason I haven't been affected till now. I can't go to the beach because of my leg so I just hang out at a local coffee shop a lot. Had lots of great food and good quality time with the fam. I sadly go home on Tuesday

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 am 
Admin

That is wonderful news !!
I am real happy that your trip is going great.

:D :D :D