www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:59 am 

My best friend is getting married and the bachelor party will involve skiing, snowtubing, snowmobiling and other wintersports. We will have private accomodations at the lodge so I am not sharing a room. I am not worried about people knowing I am incontinent or bringing my supplies or wearing around other people. My concern is wearing diapers amidst brutal elements. I know it gets uncomfortable when my diaper is wet and the weather is cold especially if there is a brisk wind. There will be alcohol involved for the event and I will also drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
For those who have been through this before, any advice about wearing diapers and changing them for wintersports?

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm 

Although I can't speak from direct experience with wearing diapers for winter sports activities I would advise putting a compression pant over whatever protection you choose. I'm sure that kind of intense activity would totally loosen, or even shred, a tape up diaper without some serious support. Maybe not as bad with a pull-up but I'd think you would need the compression pants just to keep them in place too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:35 am 

You have my sympathy. For me, there are few experiences as uncomfortable as a wet, or even damp diaper that is really cold. Dress as warmly as possible and change long before the outside temperature and your activity make it an emergency. Enjoy your vacation and report back when you can.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 pm 

Hey man I am avid skier and ski patroller that suffers from urinary incontinence with an occassional bowel accident once in a blue moon. With urinary no problem just wear a good diaper that has a plastic backing. I have to be on slopes early and usually come in once a day maybe twice at most.
I always start with dry diaper right before going out and carry a spare in my backpack. Have changed in porta potties or even against a tree. Also i can tell you have peed in diaper when cold and warms you up also when dry it can be the extra insulation that makes the lift ride easier. Wear a really tick premium diaper like dry care 24/7 better dry this will keep you warmer even when wet also platic pants qnd compression pants or long undewear help keep u warm.
Remember do not wear cotton, always wear a helmut, and wear multiple layers and u will be fine. Change if wet when coming in and stay hydrated. I go many times for 6 hours with a wet diaper before changing.
If bowel accident chang3 asap and wear a good barrier cream.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 am 

Thank you all for your great advice. Having a working game plan is useful and I intend on just following what JRD has suggested.
I appreciate the practical tips about staying safe and warm too.
I will let you know how it goes when I come back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:20 pm 

also look at wearing a onesie if the compresion pants are out the pic i second the the good briefs also look at the northshore line also if you are close enough to them you can get an order of them the next day

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:59 am 

fiacs wrote:
My best friend is getting married and the bachelor party will involve skiing, snowtubing, snowmobiling and other wintersports. We will have private accomodations at the lodge so I am not sharing a room. I am not worried about people knowing I am incontinent or bringing my supplies or wearing around other people. My concern is wearing diapers amidst brutal elements. I know it gets uncomfortable when my diaper is wet and the weather is cold especially if there is a brisk wind. There will be alcohol involved for the event and I will also drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
For those who have been through this before, any advice about wearing diapers and changing them for wintersports?

thanks

Your leggings should hold the diaper/nappy well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm 

I had a great ski trip this past week. The ski lessons made the skiing less stressful and the abundant snow made the entire experience quite memorable. I changed every 4 hours (morning, lunch, dinner, evening). I made sure that I changed into a new diaper on this schedule whether I felt soaked or not. Most of the other guys were experienced skiiers and went to other parts of the mountain. I took some lessons and made friends with other adult beginners on the bunny slope and skiied with other people at my level. This worked well because I could change without my buddies around. I did not have any chafing because I changed regularly. Overall it was a great trip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:54 pm 

glad you were able to be active and have fun!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter