www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time is getting near
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm 

Many will know that i spent a lot of time in hospital end of last year, i was sadly in again making it 4 times and many will know that i was diagnosed with a bowel disease called diverticlutis which end of last year resulted in complications. this time i ended up having to have morphine not something to be taken lightly.

Things have now improved on the complications side with lots of help from my own surgery and also a team called IMSK.

what i failed to tell anyone for only reasons i know is that when i had my last CT scan it was showing a mass left side abdomen (no not poo) i am fully aware as to what this could mean, in a few weeks i am going to have a flexible sigmoid done so that they can tell if it is or not cancer either, strange though that it isn't playing on my mind.

i just feel now it is a good time to discuss it.

as for incontinence i am having my ups and down with both urinary and bowel problems (catheter coming apart and bowel soiling). i think over 10 years having a urinary catheter it is now part of me and easier to deal with any problems, the bowel fluid soiling does still bother though. i am on some good days out of diapers did have one stint of been back in them.

After the colonoscopy is done then it will be anguish till i get full results, i may get some on the day.

for now all take care,

mike

Post subject: Re: Time is getting near
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:13 pm 

I regretted reading of your medical difficulties. Diverticulitis, left untreated, can be devastating. I hope to read that the abdominal mass you have was treated successfully, and that your bowel problems have resolved without further anguish.

Post subject: Re: Time is getting near
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 am 

the camera test hasn't been done yet they wanted to do it some while back then off course the dv flared up so they couldn't do it because there is the risk of going through the bowel.

it is schedule in just under 2 weeks.

last night i awoke but when i went back to bed the niggles started could it be cancer i think the abdomen pain was making me think like this.

i have spoken to someone and they say it is natural to have these feelings esp when we are told there is a mass it is worse as it is confirmed in the ct report what isn't clear at this stage is exactly what it is.

incontinence is still on and off at the moment, i am trying teni normal pe backed which seem okay and aren't too bulky, as long as they do the job i am not bothered.

from past experience of having this test many years ago i am taking a pad with me as last time it caused quite a bit of soiling, it did stop eventually.