www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh no just what i need
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 am 

please not on christmas day again, i got up in the spirit of christmas and my catheter only disconnected itself from my leg bag and i just caught it in time before it drenched my jog bottoms and as soon as i sorted it out i sat down and then a little while felt some wetness on my bottom only to find the catheter had only come apart again so had washing to do on christmas day.

got to evening and went for a snooze and awoke only to find the catheter had again come apart luckily i had a incontinence fly sheet on but it had also soaked my shorts so yet again more washing.

for me christmas day was a day not of opening presents but a entire day of washing.

guess what? last christmas day was only the same but my entire bedding was soaked through, oh the joys and pitfalls of incontinence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 am 

Although I regretted reading of your difficulties over Christmas, such events are all too common among us. My most memorable accidents have all been while using catheters. I hope coming days will be easier on you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:05 am 

i have used catheter for near 10 years the catheter is different from the one i normally use as it was put in by the hospital and is the silicone type, they seem to have the tendency of this happening.

i have come up with the old trick of using surgical tape on the connections so far so good but if it keeps happening then i will contact the district nurses to get it changed to the one supplied.

i use diapers for bowel problems and to catch any urine coming from the stoma this time it wet the outside of the diaper :shock:

well at least it past on christmas day :D i did manage to open some of the presents, by afternoon i was exhausted from going back and forth checking the drying.

all the best to everyone and the new year from one wet person on xmas day :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:18 pm 

i feel ya brother.
i had a hole in my totaldry and leaked through my pul pants, underwear, and jeans. thankfully i got up fast enough not to leak on the bed (i was waking up from a nap) but yea. doing laundry now.
leaks no matter the cause are the pits.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm 

Accidents and lots of laundry.
Ah, the joys of incontinence. Not. All my worst accidents have been while I was wearing a catheter. Once I had a leak around a Foley. I did not enjoy having a nurse clean me up and change my bedding. Knowing that what we must endure is not unique to us, but rather common among us is, for me, reassuring.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:30 am 

today should of been the catheter change and thanks to our gov endless cut backs here in the UK it got cancelled.

yesterday was another wash day and i swear to god if it happens once more till the catheter is changed i am going to use a technique which they use with babies and run the catheter in to a diaper, i have some thicker ones which would cope until the situation is sorted.

it seems that after looking at the catheter it is kinking just below where they inflate the balloon only a few times over the years encountered this problem, the other is that the hospital put a short catheter in when it should be the long type, i can't even put on a flip flow as there isn't enough catheter to attach and also attach to the leg bag and it is making the kinking worse.

i also had the in bed experience luckily this time i had a fly sheet on so it was a lot easier to wash than the whole bedding.

fingers crossed it should be Monday or Wednesday when it is done.

i am so freaked think it is just the endless washing, i only get so much help and they can't be here 24 hours and sods law it happens when they are not there.

oh well a few wetties coming up :evil: