www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:08 am 

Hi everyone,

Apologies for my absence. The DWP have forced me back into work and since then I have had very little time for social media. I hope you are all well!

Anyway, my go-to nappy, iD Expert Slip seems to be no longer available completely plastic backed and their latest offerings are no good for me. I tried their new plastic ones and they are too thin with fabric wings, the plastic splits and fluff goes everywhere, meanwhile the cloth ones leak and the tapes aren't secure enough. I am at a loss now.

Can anybody recommend any good quality completely plastic backed nappies that are available in the UK? Every time I find a decent, affordable plastic backed product they seem to change to cloth and it is so frustrating. First Abena, then Molicare and now iD Expert. Very frustrating. Online I have seen nappies by Drylife which sound ok... has anybody had any experience with these?

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:23 am 

Have had some from Gompels (own brand) after reading a recommendation here a while ago... this is what i've used for the last month or so;
https://www.gompels.co.uk/gompels-all-i ... us-20.html £10.40 for 20 of my size but your size may vary
They are plastic backed - just be careful it is easy to put your fingers through the plastic to begin with! lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 am 

Hi Susy,

Thanks for the tip! What do you mean about putting your finger through the plastic? Is it quite thin? Thin plastic is one of the problems I've had with the newer iD Expert x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am 

JakeJames wrote:
Hi Susy,

Thanks for the tip! What do you mean about putting your finger through the plastic? Is it quite thin? Thin plastic is one of the problems I've had with the newer iD Expert x

Maybe it's just me naturally clusmsy - i do manage to tear pull ups quite often!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 am 

I have torn many products myself putting them on as I need to have quite a tight fit due to how much I move as my job is fairly physical you see. I may give them a try but I would be gutted if they arrived and weren't any good for me. I seem to have an ever growing shelf of nappies that are pretty useless for me! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:34 am 

so sorry that the dwp have mucked up your life like so many more sick and disabled they keep targeting.

any way i am also from the UK am supplied with tena slips but they too are the cloth outer.

i did a search and apparently this shop which is also online sell something called tena active PE backed the plastic is fairly hard wearing and may be something you are looking for, i have got a pack here and they are fairly good, worth a try.

i have provided a link but you will need to scroll down to see them and also to chose the right absorbency..

https://www.incontinenceshop.com/disposable-incontinence-products/all-in-one-slips/tena-slip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 pm 

I'd recommend the Tena Slip Active; they are still plastic backed (in fact they were introduced after the normal Tena Slip went "breathable") and they are pretty reliable in my experience. Only difference from the old slips is that they don't have the big "landing area", only a second-chance tape which really is only a *second* chance tape (it's rare for it to do up more than twice). They don't do a brief that has the ultra-absorbency of the Abena M4 or L4, though.

I believe Drylife's slip is a rebranded iD Expert so once those stocks run out, they will change to the plastic/breathable-side type that iD are selling now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:11 pm 

Am also in the UK. I use as supplied by the NHS the ID ones your talking about. I don't much like the paper wings much but I find them ok at least the majority of the nappy is plastic. Having said that if I want to treat myself I buy a pack of ten plastic backed slips from Boots the chemist. They are a bit thin but very comfortable. I find the boots ones the best fitting nappy I have ever tried.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:49 am 

I'll give a recommendation for the Tena Slip Active Fit line. The Maxi and Ultima are both very comfortable and work well for extended wear. They are a bit thinner than ID, but perform just as well in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:59 am 

Order a few samples of Betterdry diapers I have found them to work great for managing my OAB issue and I can trust them to do thier job. They are made in Germany some finding a UK supplier should not be an issue.