www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 pm 

Mikey:
PUL pants are definitely a lot cooler than any regular "plastic pant". I like to use the cooler side-snap PUL pants during the day and revert to non-snap PUL pants for sleeping. I really like the Leakmaster PUL pants available though Adultclothdiaper.com . The Leakmaster brand are the exact same quality as the excellent Gary "Activewear" PUL pants (probably made by the same manufacturer) but they have a much higher rise, especially in the rear and a good bit looser fit overall. I would also highly recommend buying your "nighttime" PUL pants one or even two sizes larger than you think for nighttime use. Yes they will be "too Large" but they will give you much better coverage and not be restrictive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:09 pm 

Mikey, I wish you all the best.

W.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 am 

well a surprise visit the physio came out today and brought out a fresh walking frame but sadly he can't do the techniques to get me better and i am now stuck in a nightmare situation until 1st to 2nd week of January when i will be seeing the ent surgeons to get to the bottom of what is going wrong.

my bowel incontinence was beginning to settle down until yesterday then through having a bad day medically the bowel fluid loss made its appearance.

talking of PUL pants i am in the UK people and have done a search and it seems that there are stacks of plastic pants to be had but am finding it difficult to locate the PUL style why i have no idea, i even went on ebay and it was the same results.

i do have the option of ordering from Europe but it is the waiting time to get them over here, one more place i haven't looked at yet is amazon uk .

if anyone has any websites i can find some PUL pants then do let us know,

mike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:36 am 

Hi Mike-

Check out Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Health-Perso ... B00A29VK0S

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am 

just had a letter from the hospital regarding the diverticulitis and apparently they are looking at some kind of functional problem.

i have never heard of this so did a quick search and basically it seems to relate to problems with how the tummy and bowels work.

one the issue of PUL pants those seem rather expensive so any other links would be grateful.

for the first time in just over 2 weeks i managed to get out on my mobility scooter did feel like i was getting motion sickness which is due to the benign vertigo i feel this could be combated with travel sickness medication which can be bought otc.

glad i managed to get out it is a start.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 am 

Please be careful. I have a bi-lateral (both inner ears) disease, which causes intense vertigo and occasional collapses. The medical theory is that the vertigo is caused by excess fluid in the inner ears. The treatment for this is a diuretic, which made me urinate excessively, which in turn messed with my incontinence, big time. If your physicians go this route, remember to tell them that you are incontinent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:16 am 

mikey1966 wrote:
just had a letter from the hospital regarding the diverticulitis and apparently they are looking at some kind of functional problem.

i have never heard of this so did a quick search and basically it seems to relate to problems with how the tummy and bowels work.

one the issue of PUL pants those seem rather expensive so any other links would be grateful.

for the first time in just over 2 weeks i managed to get out on my mobility scooter did feel like i was getting motion sickness which is due to the benign vertigo i feel this could be combated with travel sickness medication which can be bought otc.

glad i managed to get out it is a start.

You're correct on the PUL pants on the previous posted link being expensive. I see that the UK version of eBay has them a little more reasonably priced:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-No-Leak-Waterproof-GARY-ACTIVE-BRIEF-Adult-Incontinence-Washable-GAPBX-/201299976377#shpCntId Gary Activewear is a very well made pant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 am 

i didn't realise Patrick about this fainting and collapsing situation and the obvious happened while i was trying to do something in the kitchen area i suddenly felt sick then felt real faint, if i had gone it would of been nasty due to hard flooring and other obstacles.

i now have what they call a life line for the just in case.

Hugh i am in the UK i have had a look but still cannot find anything so opting for plastic pants should it get very bad again, for now seems okay.

think over here they are calling them breathable nappy covers, still you think they would be widely available.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:32 am 

a nurse came to see me yesterday and talking to her she suddenly stopped and out of the blue asked if my left arm was okay i wasn't sure what she was on about.

it seems that my left hand was going in to a unusual position i then decided to get a fast appointment for a check up with my doctor.

during the spine examination and head compression it resulted in the dizziness i have been getting so badly so it now seems a cause has been found and i am going to see the MSK team. (also getting tingling and numbness to go with it)

i was asked while in hospital if i had suffered any injuries but at the time i wasn't aware of anything then it came back to me that while trying to get off my scooter some time ago i felt something go in my upper back area.

strange though as i got no pain or discomfort and with that thought everything was okay, obviously not.

i am relieved that at last i have seen a doctor and suspected msk is the cause but the tricky part is finding out what damage has been done.

with any spine injuries think we all know that they can be pretty nasty, i hope that this can be put right, the down side is the waiting to get things sorted.

when she did the head compression talk about things spinning around.

i will be on again when i get more news.