www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help. In between sizes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 pm 

I've gained weight since surgery and now I'm in between a large and xl. I got a case of the MegaMax but they are a bit too small. While they barely fit I dont think its practical. The same with my totaldry. I tried an xl of the northshore supremes awhile back and I think I'm gonna have to try it again. They were a bit big back then. Ugh this sucks. I miss riding my bike and being at least somewhat shape.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 am 

Hi Justej

Have you tried a large Confidry dry 24/7 I to am between sizes medium in a confidry but a large in every other diaper I have tried, I find the Dry 24/7’s are cut a bit larger then other diapers so a large 24/7 may fit better.

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:38 pm 

Rob - I havent worn confidry in awhile. I ordered a sample in large plus the northshore supremes in xl. My Medicaid pays per diaper and I was thinking about sticking with betterdry but as it turns out confidry is cheaper per diaper so that may be the way to go.

- elijah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 pm 

I have to agree with you on the Betterdry diaper its the one I ended up going with as the betterdry works better for me as I am a side sleeper and I have leeked only a few times since switching vrs the confidry where it worked great in the day time but not for sleeping as I leaked way to often

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:25 am 

i thought i was the only one who leaked with confidry! that makes me feel better. im gonna talk to the guy who handles my insurance stuff to see which one will work better. once i get the samples ill be able to make a more informed decision. ive wasted a lot of time and money trying to find something that is foolproof. havent gotten there yet. so far betterdry is winning. if northshore made an xl megamax i think that would be the one for me. the woman on the phone when i called northshore said that the large megamax is actually smaller than the supreme. which makes sense because the large supremes seemed to fit the last time i go them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm 

I've also been using the totaldry overnight with a booster. The large size is a little on the small side but they do fit. I also ordered a sample of their xl. For my budget, the large totaldry is the best for my dollar (Medicaid pays for the majority of them plus boosters.) the xl fits way better I'll pay the extra few bucks for them.

This is a neverending frustrating journey.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:21 pm 

Update: I got a sample of the totaldry in xl. They fit great. So I think for me itll be totaldry with tranquility boosters.

I hate that I'm gonna still have to pay quite a bit out of pocket but I guess it's worth it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm 

i dont recall a time i have never been just rite for a said size i have all ways went for the bigger size and just used the tabs to take up the slack and get the higher rise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 am 

I started on a medication that made me gain a LOT of weight. In combination with my limited mobility it's not good. I looked at myself in the mirror today and I just know I have got to do something. I've stopped the medication and hopefully that will help. But until then my supplier will be purchasing the xl totaldry. But it's pretty damn depressing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:25 am 

You may want to notify your prescriber that you have stopped, and the reason for stopping. Perhaps there is another medication that will work, but will not have the side effects that disturb you. Good luck.