Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Needing a major operation (stoma)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:58 pm

as some be be aware i was in hospital due to diverticulitis and yet again i fell sick and ended up in hospital end of last week where it has been decided to remove the diseased bowel, the stoma would only be temporary but will be in there for a full year to let the bowel heal.

i am seeing a doctor in the morning here in the UK in which they will be deciding if it needs operating on now, i get the feeling with the poorly state i am in that the operation could be over the weekend if things don't settle down.

to me the sooner it is done then i can get back on with life and forget about this horrible disease which has struck me down.

if it is done i will then be sat here with a catheter and stoma talk about walking portable toilette :lol:

the downside is that they are looking at open surgery :(

Re: Needing a major operation (stoma)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 pm

hope it works out for you and a speedy recovery.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:53 am

When I was hospitalized last June, my roommate was having a stoma reversal as well. He did well, and was good company. I hope your surgeries will be as successful.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Stomas are done all the time. Don't worry about this, it is a very common procedure and your recovery should be rather easy. This should improve your ability to heal up as it gives your bowels a rest.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you have a fast recovery.

Schoppy

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:51 pm

You get well soon and hope it all works out good. Take care. 4wheeldave.
Post a reply