www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 pm 

It turns out that my health insurance doesn't go active until the 1st of January :-(

I was talking with my sister and shared with her that I think I may be stuck like this. I just don't see how it can get better. That is to say, I don't think I'll ever be able to regain control of either my bladder or bowels to the point where I'd be able to go without a diaper. I suppose there is a mourning period for the loss of control and I feel that I may be just about getting to the point where it's OK and I can just continue on with my life despite the fact that my body has betrayed me.

I'm sure I'll feel somewhat better once I can get into the doctor so that they can figure out what's happening. But what if they can't? If there's something I've learned on this board, it's that I may not ever have the luxury of getting a clear-cut answer as to why I have become IC . I guess I'll never know until I try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 am 

Try to remember, the folks here are here because they still must deal with incontinence despite, in some cases, years of medical tests and occasionally invasive medical procedures. Folks who are satisfied with their management, or whose incontinence was successfully treated, have no reason to stay.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm 

I guess the ones that are still here can also offer their experiences and tips even if they are now OK with their situations.

Believe me, I'm very grateful for this board!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:07 pm 

I have accepted my incontinence. I wear a diaper 24/7. It is my normal underwear. I check this forum every day. I plan to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:31 am 

At least for now I've got my incontinence well under control using the appropriate protection. However I'm always open to learning about new techniques or products to help cope with IC. I also like to try to help others that are new or having problems dealing with their incontinence. I guess it's just my way of "giving back" for all the help that ISC has given me, that's why I'm still "on board".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:02 am 

Like others, I am now in the mood of "paying it back". Long ago others were very helpful when I first came to the realization that I could not trust my body any longer.