www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Going out
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm 

Tomorrow I'll be out all day for the first time in 2 months besides doctors appointments. I've been dealing with incontinence for almost 5 years now and it feels like it's just beginning. I dont know why. I'll be going to my temple and will be out from 8am to 5 PM. I have a northshore MegaMax left that I plan on wearing with a booster. I'm erring on the side of caution and bringing 2 betterdry. I dont trust my totaldry. I got the go ahead from my doctor to start walking with my walker. I'm still pretty shaky. I guess I just need to hear "chill out. You'll be fine. This is nothing new"

I have no idea why this crap still gets to me.

Post subject: Re: Going out
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:21 am 

Justej,

You have been through a lot and continue to conquer stuff. Even the accidents you have been able to handle and this should be a walk in the park for you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:10 am 

Like you my life has been and still is a never ending roller couster of bad things coming my way that i have to deal with (incl my IC getting worse by the day) so just keep trying dear.

So chill out You'll be just fine This is nothing new for either you or us others with IC dear we just have to face the facts and try our best to adapt and accept and try to move on in life dear.

For some it takes longer to accept that we have to wear Diapers al the time and risk have our " accidents " whenever however 24 /7 dear. Just know youre NOT alone and we are al here to support you as best we can

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:41 pm 

Thanks folks. I was cutting it close and only took two betterdry. And of course the tapes on one ripped off rendering it useless. Luckily my ride came early and I got home with no issues. My friend did ask if I was ok because I was taking so long and I just said "wardrobe malfunction".

I came home to no heat and no hot water and they dont know when it will be fixed. My doctor appointment tomorrow is gonna be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 am 

Sadly this do happen dear, thank god for that utliest , God answer.

Oh dear that sucks big time ,HANG in there dear i know it may seem like alot of stuff is against you right right now ( BELIEVE me i know that feeling VERY well ) BUT we just have to keep on fighting hon what more can we do ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 pm 

I was glad to read that your outing was uneventful. Some walkers have baskets, that in your case, might accommodate a backpack or gym bag with your changing supplies. Keep up the good work.