www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The walk of shame
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm 

I've been back east for the past week visiting relatives. I thought after all this time I understood how my body was now working. I thought I was prepared. I thought I had everything under control. I even brought bed pads to protect the hotel's mattress, even though I almost never have a night-time accident (I suppose bladder spams are good for something).

The visit itself went well and the incon issues were managed well. It was the trip home that turned into a nightmare. I had a bit of headache getting ready to leave and felt like I may have caught a local bug, but nothing too bad. The trip was 8 hours door-to-door. It was pushing, but well within, the 9+ hours I can typically get from a Northshore Supreme. I was careful to watch my fluid intake just in case, but was balancing that against the headache that was wasn't going away.

As we left, the urges and spasms were coming more frequently than usual. I thought it was just being overly sensitive because of my persistent headache. But no. My kidneys were dumping fluid from god only knows where. I completely saturated my diaper in just under 5 hours. My pants and shirt tail were wet, the seat was wet. I had a spare diaper in my backpack, but the airline made me check my larger rolaboard that had a change of clothes. I hadn't expected to have to change on the plane (I'm 6'3 and just peeing in an aircraft lav is cramped). I pulled the diaper out of my backpack and made the walk down that long aisle on a packed plane with what had developed into a massive headache, in wet pants and shirt tail, carrying a diaper to the lav to change. I don't think I've ever felt as defeated in my life.

Post subject: Re: The walk of shame
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:09 pm 

Sorry to hear about this but here's trying to look on the only bright side I can see to this very embarrassing situation. At least you had the foresight to have a spare diaper with you on the flight. Yes, a spare pair of pants would have been great but can you imagine if you didn't at least have the spare diaper. Another few hours and everything would have been totally soaked and you would have sitting in an actual puddle. Hopefully the leak you experienced wasn't so bad that everyone noticed. As you know we diaper wearers tend to be a lot more sensitive to what we think others are seeing than what is really noticeable and I hope this was the situation. This really illustrates that IC really makes you plan ahead and always try to be prepared for what our bodies may throw at us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:03 pm 

Eight hours between changes? Wow. No wonder you found yourself in a pickle. From your description, I think you handled it well, probably better than I would have. I hope you have recovered by now, but thanks for your insight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:57 pm 

As someone that has had the very same walk at one time just know that you are not the only one that has had something like that happen. while it is a heartbreaking moment just known that the moment is past and it does not have to haunt you. Live learn and grow from it! I learned from my moment and I now always wear a slim cloth pull-up (loose fitting) over my disposable with a waterproof cover (Gary wear active pul pant) this combination as help prevent that agonizing leak for me for years. Sometimes our bodies do not act as normal so having that added protection when even my normal diaper should be enough is a huge relief and helps ease the tension!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter