www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:03 pm 

I had a pretty successful experience with the MegaMax.
I got 2 and a half wettings out of it. And I say 2 and a half because it leaked a bit at 3,and this was with a lot of activity. It only leaked a small amount, though, and my pul pants caught it. I only got about 6 hours, but considering I have to change after 1 with pretty much every other diaper, I'd say it was a success.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:38 am 

I have not been able to bring myself to order from Northshore since someone got my CC number off of them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 am 
Admin

I too received a couple samples of that diaper.
All I can say is WOW they sure hold a lot.
I was surprised at how they hold up over time and how long that I could comfortably wear them.
I put one on about 1pm to do some errands and It got to late evening and even though I knew that the diaper could hold more, I still had to change it to go to bed.

The only thing that I would suggest is (I know that this is weird) but maybe have the tapes not stick as much?
The tapes really hold strong and thus they are a bit hard to take off. They are also very loud pealing them off.

Other than the strong tapes, it is a great diaper and one I will probably order in the future.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 am 

The problem with tapes is that it will be impossible to satisfy everyone due to our different preferences. I understand and respect Schoppy's preference, but personally I never untape and diaper until it is time for a change. For me, the strongest and most adhering tape is the best.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:23 pm 

I thought that it would be relatively easy to un-tape and re-tape these diapers since they had a thicker/stronger tape landing zone. But hey, I guess it's better to have tapes that are too strong rather than too weak. Nonetheless I pretty much agree with JD in that I very rarely need to re-tape my diaper so it's really not that big of an issue for me.

BTW... I've just recently ordered a pack of MegaMax's and am really looking forward to trying them out, sounds like they'll be great for long trips and big sporting events.

Edit:
I just received the MegaMax's I ordered Thursday and it's here already, I don't know how Northshore does it, they are awesome! I just pulled one out of the bag and the tape landing zone looks very strong so it should hold up to even the strongest tapes but I'll find out tomorrow. I'm going to be heading to Orlando for the whole day so the MegaMax will get a workout for at least 10 hours. If I feel I can make any conclusions from just one wearing I'll report back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:01 pm 

So at times I have turned to my folks for help with diapers (or as my mom calls them my "supplies"). I have a boatload of totaldry but I only want to use them at home. So thanks to the folks I have a case of MegaMax coming my way. I think I want these to be my goto diaper. Super impressed with them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:50 am 

I guess I am one of those factoring the cost...

I currently use betterdry as my everything diaper for my urge incontinence because one never knows the size of the flood, and it works great. 9 times out 10 the extra tall inner barriers catch my voids when I am side sleeping. They last a long time too, but that doesn’t mean I don’t occasionally put a booster in if I know I am going to be out for a long time with no opportunity to change. I have had very lackluster luck with retaping and popping tapes.

I guess my dilemma is this. I do not untape my diaper for bowel movements. I slide it down. While I can slide it back up without tearing the diaper, I have noticed that even that little bit of stretching around the thighs compromises the integrity of the diaper and I have had some embarrassing leaks result. This makes me desire to change as quickly as possible when possible after a bowel movement.

I currently change 3-4.5 a day, I cannot see myself needing that extra capacity. So I guess my question is, given this is 50 cents over the betterdry per diaper, is it worth it to buy the megamax or boosters. How does the megamax compare to the betterdry?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm 

MegaMax adult diaper, a real world review.

I received my sample of MegaMax adult diapers several days ago. They were shipped the day after I ordered them and were delivered two days later. I am impressed with the customer support of NorthShore Care Supply. Besides the very quick shipping, any email I sent them was answered the next day.

This review is about size large.

I am in the habit of always adding a booster to all my diapers and this was done with the MegaMax. The first one lasted over 11 hours with out any leaks. At 11 hours and 30 minutes I had a very small leak noted. The large size fit me correctly and I am extremely happy with the MegaMax diaper. I like that it has a plastic top, this makes the tape very secure and it has a “cloth like” bottom. This allows the diaper to breathe, which make it much more comfortable in the warm weather I have here in Florida.
The second diaper in the sample also fit me fine and lasted 11 hr.

While wearing the MegaMax diaper I was not just sitting at home. I was active and walking around. I also like to wear suspenders and used them to hold the MegaMax in place. It did get quite heavy as the day progressed.

As NorthShore Care does not have free shipping on a case of diapers this must be calculated in the cost. The base price for a case of large is $79.99 for 40 diapers. Now add 10.95 for shipping to my home in Florida and sales tax of $5.55 the total cost of a case is $96.49. This gives a cost of $2.41 for each diaper. Each diaper lasted me 11 hours. This breaks down to 22 cents per hour. This is about the same for my other premium diaper.

The advantage of the MegaMax is that it will last me 11 hours as opposed to 8 hours for my other premium diaper. I also like the construction of the MegaMax diaper, part plastic and part “cloth like”. I would suggest you try a MegaMax diaper and find out if the fit is good for you. It would be an advantage if you need to go a long time between changes of your diaper.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 pm 

I've had a chance to wear several Northshore Mega Max diapers and thought I'd give my views on this new diaper.

Fit/Feel/Features: I wear a size large for my 42" waist and I have to say this is by far the best fitting and most comfortable diaper I've ever worn. It literally fits like it was custom made for me and until it starts to swell a bit I can't even tell I'm wearing it, amazing! The front plastic is very smooth and a bit stiff/crinkly but not uncomfortable, the rest of the diaper has a very soft to the touch matt finish and is very quiet. It's definitely not cloth but I can see how it could be mistaken for it. The leak guards are large and work very well. It has front and rear waist gathers and while not the strongest they are perfectly acceptable. Oder control seems about same as Better Dry and Dry 24/7's which is to say not a problem in the 10 hour range. After that (as with any other diaper) there does start to be some oder. There is no wetness indicators but the word "Northshore" is quite visibly printed on the front and back wings and this could bother some, but I was fine with it and I understand that they are going to be printed much lighter on the next batch.

Tapes: The tapes are only single-try tapes but that's not a problem since the diaper has a very thick plastic taping panel that extends well into the wings. The panel is a bit stiff but it has to be strong to allow removing and re-taping what are the strongest tapes I've ever seen, a plus in my opinion. The only negative here is that they are also mega loud when you remove them so that could be an issue when changing in public rest rooms.

Capacity: I've worn these diapers between 10 and 16 hours and haven't had one leak yet. Not surprisedly they do swell up quite a bit especially when "full" but at the 8 hour mark they had wicked fairly well and weren't especially large, I doubt they would be noticeable at all at that point. On the 16 hour day the Mega Max was very full/heavy and even though I was very aware of it it didn't feel wet. I can't say for sure that they will hold more than Better Dry or Dry 24/7's but they certainly hold as much. As for swelling I'd put them between the other two.

Wicking: On the 16 hours day it had only wicked about 3/4 of the way toward the rear which is just a bit past the inner blue strip. It seems a bit better in this regard than Better Dry or Dry 24/7's but not as good as the Northshore Supreme's.

Durability: This seems to be one tough diaper. Even after 16 hours of wear and being out and about all day there was only a tiny bit of clumping at the very rear near the end of the wicked area and on the other long active days there was no clumping at all.

Conclusion: All in all Northshore has again provided a great premium diaper for the incontinence market. While I can't say that it's a lot better than Better Dry or Dry 24/7 in my experience it's at least as good if not a bit better. For me personally it is better mainly due to the fit and the fact that it doesn't swell quite as much as the Better Dry's. One possible down side is that it does cost a bit more than the other two but for me just the amazing fit/feel alone is worth the extra cost.

Last edited by Padded53 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm 

i like the fact of both front and back now have the elastic waist and the tapes are more easy to adjust i just wish they would put more the fluff or sap out further in the wings past the inner leak guards for some crazy reason when i am sitting in my wheelchair and wet i have pee go past the inner guards and leak out past them and get on my pants i am not sure if this is cause of a spasm in my bladder that i dont feel or what but i do feel that if the fluff or sap was in the wings out past the inner guards more that would help or not northshore if you see this and could come up with idea that could be tried to see if this would be something you would try yell at me you have my ok to look me up as i am in your customer base i order from you every month