www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:57 am 

With the potential of contracting the COVID-19 virus from exposure to large groups, I am curious how everyone here is planning on celebrating the Holidays. We are likely headed to our country place for Thanksgiving and maybe even Christmas this year. We will probably invite immediate family only to keep the exposure limited for Thanksgiving, but Christmas has me perplexed. Our family isn’t that large but we are all pretty close. I’m having trouble with the thoughts of not spending Christmas time with our loved ones. We also have a group of people that work for our small company, who are much more than employees to us. Every year, we all get together at a restaurant or our home and celebrate BIG! This year though, I’m just not sure how to handle the potential of contracting the virus. It would be much safer to just go to the ranch, but I think that it’s going to be a HUGE letdown for all of us.
Any thoughts from any of you?

Last edited by Ellyn on Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:18 am 

Pay attention to how the virus is developing locally; have everyone tested, and obey competent medical advice. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:45 pm 

Hi

COVID-19 does not recognise Christmas or any such religious or similar occasion everyone in the world needs to follow local restrictions only by doing this can humanity control the invisible enemy that is causing so much pain and suffering! Moving around just moves the problem!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 pm 

I plan on NOT getting together on Thanksgiving and most likely on Christmas also. I will miss my church service, it is just too dangerous to be in a large group now. I am in a high risk group as I am diabetic and 74 years old.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 am 

My wife and I have discussed this with our daughter and family, and have decided (we think) to have a Zoom Thanksgiving dinner with them. Since it will only be the two families, each will prepare their own meals, and agree when to Zoom and eat. It could get a little messy, but will give it a try.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:42 pm 

This is a difficult time for everyone and its a balance of risk and benefit.
My husband works in a high risk occupation i.e. healthcare and I have kids which places us in a higher risk category for contracting the illness. On the otherhand we are younger and healthier. We are doing what we can to stay safe with masks and social distancing.
My parents want to come for Thanksgiving and Christmas but they are older with medical problems so I advised them not to come.
However, my siblings and my nieces/nephews are welcome to come if they want.
Thats the best compromise that I've come up with. Its not the best answer for everyone-just the best answer for us

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm 

Our friends know that we host a big New Years party every year, and they all look forward to it- the social aspects make it fun. Catching up with each other, etc. However, we may not have it this year, as the CV-19 seems to be going back up again. I did go out and buy a "F**K 2020" banner, just in case we do have the party, but that is all the planning we are doing for now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:09 pm 

We are hosting for Thanksgiving but keeping it small. Just myself, my wife and kids and then my wife's friend and her husband and kid.

Oldest among us is 40 and we're all healthy so not overly worried.

I refuse to totally give up my holidays this year over a virus with a 99.97% survival rate. Reasonable precautions will be taken, but everyone is overdue for some fun.

We're flying back to the east coast for Christmas, and I'm a bit more concerned about that as I'll be staying with my mom who is 70. I'd hate for her to catch it from us if we pick it up on the plane, but we'll be just dousing ourselves with hand sanitizer for the duration of the flight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:58 pm 

Being 66 diabetic with other maladies , I too will be staying away from any large family dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years gatherings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 am 

Other than the issues caused by my pending divorce, we're doing business as usual. I'm only 39, so I'm not as concerned about the status quo.

Marcus Aurelius