www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Today was 5 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:45 pm 

So its been 5 weeks since I had my leg reconstruction surgery. I still can't walk. I'm on cast number two, which I'll be in for at least 3 more weeks. At least the pain is mostly gone. I've had issues with wetting in my sleep which used to not happen a lot. I've worn something at night anyway since it did happen on occasion so at least I'm protected. I guess I'm just feeling down. I'm grateful I have my home health aid but I just want to walk again.

Post subject: Re: Today was 5 weeks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 am 

sorry to hear of your night time wetting issues. The weird thing is, I can absolutely FLOOD a diaper during the day and some times my bladder goes haywire and i used up several disposables (or just pad up with a ultra heavy cloth diaper), but I am reliably 100% dry at night. I do wear 24/7 still because when I wake up in the morniing i often have very large wettings before I can even make it to the toilet. That happened this morning. The diaper was completrly saturated, It was an Attends and it actually held up well. Strangely enough it holds up better than tranqulity does evenen though tranquility is supposesd to be higher absorbency. But I have had them leak on me in the morning when i hada wetting sitting up in my bed. In fact thats what drove me to going bacl to using premium disposables. But I digress.

Anyway dude. sorry to eaer about it. Perhaps try cathing before bedtime to make sure your bladder is empty? I think I will do that because my urologist said that might help with the reduction of episodes

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 am 

Considering what you have endured, depression is all too understandable. However, your pain is diminished; your recovery is on track, and your incontinence is manageable. My urologist ordered Myrbetriq to handle nocturnal incontinence. Although it has controlled bladder spasms, it has not ended bladder leakage, and has done nothing for bowel leakage. However, it might be of service for you. If your urologist concurs, you might try it.

Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:36 pm 

sociologygeek - i absolutely cannot cath. and when i did i still had problems. i tried again after my horrid infection and it started hurting when i peed so i said nope. no more.

patrick - i tried mybertq awhile back and it did nothing. this was before i had the diagnosis of a paralyzed neurogenic bladder. my current urologist says that because of that no medication will work.

nighttime issues are something im just going to have to get used to i think. its just frustrating.