www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 pm 

was issued with disposable diapers or nappies as we call them over here and each time i am getting what i can only describe as burning sensation down below so it looks like my days of using such products may be at an end.

strange i used some pull ups and yet they didn't cause this, my other solution is cloth soaker inside the disposable or go completely to cloth.

i have found some products over here which may be suitable but very pricey.

anyone else experienced irritation from using disposable pads? and did you find a solution?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:19 pm 

If the area where you are experiencing the burning sensation looks quite red, the problem may be an infection similar to athlete’s foot that is easily treated with medication for athlete’s foot. If the problem is really being caused by your diaper, try another brand. Top of the line diapers are expensive, but you use fewer of them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

Some people may have a reaction to the materials used by one brand it would benefit you to try a few others brands as well as to try both cloth-like and the Plastic backed products.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am 

Plastic Backed products are getting very rare or non exist as Australia I dont think you can get any Plastic Backed any more

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am 

I got a strong burning sensation when I used attends boosters. It was an allergic reaction to the anti odor chemical. I recommend not to give up disposables, but try different brands until you find one that works for you. For me the diapers and inserts from tena worked well.

Last edited by optimist on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:00 pm 

Mikey, it sounds like you are getting pre-rash irritation. I recommend that you try using a light barrier as a preventative and not waiting until you get a rash.

There are many possibilities, including skin lotion and Vaseline. However, virgin coconut oil is one good choice and one that I use myself. It is inexpensive and provides a thin but very helpful barrier. You will find it at your grocery store. More effective, but also more expensive would be to use a diaper rash cream such as Desitin. I use coconut oil during the day and Desitin at night.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:11 am 

I've had reactions to the anti-odor chemicals and the wetness indicators, try a diaper that has neither and just hydrate like a mofo!

Marcus Aurelius