www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Extended day trip
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 pm 

Tomorrow some friends and I are going to a party and then an amusement park for fright night. The friends that are going know of my incontinence as do the hosts of the party. I have successfully changed in my wheelchair once but it took me forever. Does anyone have any tips for changing sitting down in a chair/wheelchair? At the amusement park there are a few places I can go and privately change. I'm taking both abena and betterdry and also a change of pants. I'm nervous but I think it will be fun.

Post subject: Re: Extended day trip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 am 

I always need help changing in my wheelchair it is difficult. I don't need a lot of help but some. What I do is haul myself up from the chair by using grab rails and my helper slips the diaper onto the chair open and I just sit back down on it. If you wear a longish top this normally covers up the privates and gives some privacy. The diaper will never feel totally right when using this method but it should be ok. 4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm 

Thanks Dave. I still have one good leg so I'm hoping they have grab bars and I could put a clean diaper on the chair while standing on one leg. (That sounds like it could be the intro to a joke. Haha). If worse comes to worse I brought a chux pad and could slide out of the chair and change on the floor. But thats last resort. My friends will be here to pick me up soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm 

Hope you have a good time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 pm 

So I was wet by the time we even got to the park and we decided we weren't even gonna go in because it was too crowded but I had to change. I could barely get into the stall with my wheelchair. I stood on one foot. Took my diaper off and put a new one on the chair. Eventually I got it, my pul pants, boxers and pants on. I couldnt find my disposal bags and my friends were calling me to find out where I was. I said screw it and carried it out in my hand. On my way I hear "was that a diaper in his hand" then "yea. Yea it was."
I wheeled out of there as fast as I could. But whatever I got the job done and I'll never see them again.
Gonna hang out at my friends house then go home. It was fun getting out of the house

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:10 pm 

justej wrote:
So I was wet by the time we even got to the park and we decided we weren't even gonna go in because it was too crowded but I had to change. I could barely get into the stall with my wheelchair. I stood on one foot. Took my diaper off and put a new one on the chair. Eventually I got it, my pul pants, boxers and pants on. I couldnt find my disposal bags and my friends were calling me to find out where I was. I said screw it and carried it out in my hand. On my way I hear "was that a diaper in his hand" then "yea. Yea it was."
I wheeled out of there as fast as I could. But whatever I got the job done and I'll never see them again.
Gonna hang out at my friends house then go home. It was fun getting out of the house

I congratulate you on saying screw it and for a minute not caring who sees it. Isn't it freeing? You can't help your incontinence, so you should feel no shame, and if people notice things, who cares? It is what it is. I personally don't give a s%#t who knows or doesn't know any more. I really don't. I used to care, and used to be so secretive that I would creep around and didn't want people to see. When I got the idea in my head to found CARING, I realized if I want to end the stigma, it would be very hypocritical for me to not be open about my own incontinence. Thus I had the coming out post on FB. I got nothing but positive support from friends and family in the comments. But off FB I was questioned about it by family. My mom is always saying Ok Rob enough detail. Really, what the crap? Its just poop and pee, we all do it! WHY is it so darn taboo???

Anyway.. kudos to you for being able to say screw it. Your'e taking first steps to mentally totally accepting your incontinence.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:11 am 

Good for you. I still find myself sometimes trying to wait out the other people in the restroom if it is a small bathroom, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I have done what you have done, but if someone saw they didn't say anything that I could hear.