www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm 

Today I got to get out of the house by using metro access (disability van that takes you places). On my way to the store I was going to I had an accident. No further problems while out which is good. Then I get home. I crawled up the front steps (it's the only way I can get up) and sat on the steps to the 2nd floor where my apartment is. And of course I peed again but the diaper didnt hold at all and left a puddle on the floor. Lovely.

I've tried every diaper I can think of (confidry, betterdry, abena, rearz, etc.) And hear everyone talk about getting multiple wettings out of one and I cant seem to. I have to go to an appointment tomorrow and I have some tranquility boosters so I'm gonna try that. But I'm kinda frustrated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:59 am 

There's no question that the super premium diapers you mentioned should hold at least 2 or 3 heavy wettings. I suspect that the problem is either proper fitting in the critical areas around the lower legs, or in this case, the fact you were sitting on a hard surface and cutting off any any path for the urine to be absorbed by the diaper, especially if this was a full flood.

In the first case I've found it extremely important to first crease the diaper before putting it on, thereby creating a channel for the urine to travel both forward and backward in the absorbent material. Then while putting the diaper on make sure that the leak guards are fully opened and the leg gathers are firmly against your legs. I always thought that I was getting my diaper on correctly in that area by just pulling up on the front but after having a bad leak I found that that was not enough. Now I reach waaaay back and under and physically straighten and press the gathers directly into the crease between my leg and lower butt. This one minor change has meant zero leaks since adding it to my diaper putting-on routine and even when using far less than premium diapers.

As for the fact that you were sitting all I can say is that you might try rocking a bit to the left or right to give the urine a bit of room to flow to the padding, that has worked for me a few times. Another possibility is, if you can, to try to "throttle" the flow a bit so as not to overwhelm a single area of the diaper with a total flood. Hope this helps a bit!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 am 

Not every product works for everyone, but since you have listed several products that many people use very often with success and many that we have tested in the studio that have shown capable to hold large amounts of fluid, I think you may be having an issue with the fit, either the products are to lose when you put them on OR they are working themselves loose when you move. sometimes you may need to go up or down a size with these products to find the right fit for your body.

Briefs should be tight enough around the legs that you can not easily slide your fingers between the brief and skin but not so tight that they pinch and rub you raw. that being said even a perfect fitting diaper can sometimes leak so here are a few good things to use to help prevent them. I use every time I leave the house (just in Case)

1- single layer flannel pant (very thin) ( I buy from babykins.com) or you could use LOOSE cotton underwear Over the diaper this will absorb any leak if a diaper does leak.

2. PUL diaper cover (i prefer Garywear active ) this contains any leaks the flannel pants will absorb, quiet any crinkly diaper and contain a large amount of odor and is soft and quiet.

3. I wear a t-shirt snap crotch onesie (also from Babykins.com) This helps prevent the diaper form showing out the back of my pants when I move and help hold the diaper close to the skin especially when saturated and heavy.

you can find these products from many vendors online I buy form babykins because they have high quality and some of the products are nearly 10 years old and in great shape. They do not sponsor us.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 pm 

In my experience, a booster makes a big difference. Also as mentioned before, a thin flannel diaper and a pul pant over the diaper is helpful. That is the solution I used for years and have had no visible accidents.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:03 pm 

I was wearing a garywear active pul pant. I have a feeling it was because I was so active crawling up and down the stairs. I definitely don't think I can go down a size. I wear a large and a medium would be way too small.

I have a couple crotch snapped tshirts but I really need sleeveless since i wear tshirts a lot. Just cant afford it right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:25 am 

if you are gushing so much and no pad is working then you really need to be seeing a urologist, in the end you need to be getting through live without suffering.

it also sounds like you are suffering from moderate to severe urinary incontinence so you needs pads with that absorbency or even consider cloth diapers and waterproofs until such a time that you can seek treatment.

it took me nearly 10 years to obtain advice and start treatment believe me that was not a good situation to be in, in my days there was no internet and very little support by the time tests started my bladder was knackered putting it politely.

i hope that you do get this sorted out soon rather than later,

best wishes,

mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 am 

Mike,
I have seen a urologist (4 in fact) and I have a diagnosis. I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder from a bad fall 4 and a half years ago. Its been suggested that I self cath but that has not worked for me. I think what caused such a severe accident the other day was I broke down too much padding from the activity. I had no problems with an abena and a betterdry last night. I think when I go out I will definitely add a booster and try to change if I can. Changing in a wheelchair shall be challenging but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 pm 

i am glad you have a diagnoses as you are finding the tricky part is finding a method which works. i found a method for me which worked well till they stopped doing the pads then all hell let loose i was also told to self cath but only lasted a couple of times due to fainting it was that thing stuck out of me which did it :lol:

even though i now have a permanent catheter in due to other incontinence i am back to trying to find a suitable method.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm 

justej wrote:
Mike,
I have seen a urologist (4 in fact) and I have a diagnosis. I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder from a bad fall 4 and a half years ago. Its been suggested that I self cath but that has not worked for me. I think what caused such a severe accident the other day was I broke down too much padding from the activity. I had no problems with an abena and a betterdry last night. I think when I go out I will definitely add a booster and try to change if I can. Changing in a wheelchair shall be challenging but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Padding breaking down is why you need to change premium briefs sooner than say 4 hours at a time whether or not absorbency is used. Thats why i love cloth. Justej, i higly recommed you these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/happy-f ... 85557.html plus flour sack towels and some sort of booster like a couple of the inserts i sent you would work really well. If you fold enough flour sack towels together you will get very good absornency. best of all, the padding wont break down!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:33 pm 

Sociologygeek- those definitely look like they would work well. Especially seeing the good results I got from the pocket diapers I got from you. I have some big debts to pay off the next 3 months but after that maybe I'll have the extra cash to order some.