www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paying it forward
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:06 pm 

When I first became incontinent I couldn't afford diapers. I went to a place called DC shares. They provide medical equipment to low income people. I was able to recieve enough to get me by. 4 and a half years later thanks to Medicaid I'm able to afford Abena L4s. (I was doing betterdry but I like the abena better). I had a crapload of tranquility atns from when Medicaid was paying for them but they did not work for me at all. I've had them sitting around and finally thought "I need to donate these". So I called up DC shares and they came and picked up a case and several bags of tranquility atns and a case of chux. (I use the coveden ones cause they work better for me). The guy who picked them up was thrilled. I hope they go to someone else who is struggling

Post subject: Re: Paying it forward
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:09 pm 

justej wrote:
When I first became incontinent I couldn't afford diapers. I went to a place called DC shares. They provide medical equipment to low income people. I was able to recieve enough to get me by. 4 and a half years later thanks to Medicaid I'm able to afford Abena L4s. (I was doing betterdry but I like the abena better). I had a crapload of tranquility atns from when Medicaid was paying for them but they did not work for me at all. I've had them sitting around and finally thought "I need to donate these". So I called up DC shares and they came and picked up a case and several bags of tranquility atns and a case of chux. (I use the coveden ones cause they work better for me). The guy who picked them up was thrilled. I hope they go to someone else who is struggling

well done!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:29 am 

thats AWESOME!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am 

Add my thanks and admiration. We all benefit when even one of us takes our ethical responsibilities seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 pm 

How do you find organizations like this to donate too? I always just gave stuff to the Salvation Army.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am 

I was able to find an organization where I live and wrote them an email saying I know you deal with baby diapers, but I have some adult diapers I would like to give away. They told me of a place and I would have never thought about it as their website deals mostly with food and common household needs. Best part of it is they give it all away to those in need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:09 pm 

Porkchop - do you have 311 where you live? Here in DC we can dial 311 and get information on all sorts of resources. There's the national diaper bank that accepts adult diapers. Nursing homes are good. It's always best to call ahead of course. But this stuff is so much in need and I can tell you from personal experience that you will definitely make a difference in someone's life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:11 pm 

I will have to do some more looking next time, instead of blindly dumping them at GoodWill!

Marcus Aurelius