www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm 

I swore I would never go back to trying to self cath after my UTI, but I'm eating my words and trying it again. I had a successful day with it today. No blood. No irritation. And I got it on every try. I wore a pull up just in case but it only got a little wet. I think the reason I got a uti last time was because I wasn't cleaning enough. I'm taking extra steps to make sure I'm as clean as possible using disposable washcloths etc. Heres to hoping.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 am 

Great!
Is it keeping you dry then?
You might want to try what I've been using. I use the coloplast catheres that come curvved in the package. Let me see if i can find a picture.

https://www.locostmedicalsupply.com/col ... A3EALw_wcB

The curved design makes insertion very comfortable for me as a man I find. I'm not sure how they would work for a female anatomy. Best thing to do is get a sample.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm 

Well it was keeping me dry. I fell asleep and passed the time I was supposed to cath and peed all over myself. I'm still trying to get into a routine.

I'm using the compact speedicath. It seems to work well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:39 am 

i used to cath like this but each time seeing something stuck out below made me faint so went with indwelling spc which is a lot better but the downside like you found out with catheters are infections.

even with a catheter i still suffer periodic urinary incontinence and need to wear diapers till the situation is brought back under control.

obvious you can't cath in you sleep so the option is to still use diapers and when awake do the cathing and also before bedtime.

the only other would be to go with indwelling it is a hard choice hopefully you will find a system which works.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:10 pm 

For some reason I have times when I just cant do it and it's so frustrating. I want to throw the damn thing across the bathroom (and did once) I really dont want to use diapers anymore. I'm going through a moment when I absolutely hate them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 am 

you could think about going the indwelling route but it is not something to be taken lightly there are good and bad issues with them.

like i say even with a catheter there is no guarantee that you wouldn't still get some urinary incontinence. it is a hard one.

my reason for not going your route was due to it making me faint, don't go off some who claim catheters can only be used short term, i am now 10 years in of using them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 pm 

This message is similar to what I have posted before, but if you haven't considered it, there are external devices on the market that may work for you to reduce the leakage. Personally, I wasn't thrilled with any of them for mainly comfort and convenience reasons. Forgive me on this, but two years ago I then started on a path to develop a better product that is comfortable and convenient. I'll only say at this point that it is made of soft silicone and can be worn all day long. (I wear mine 14 hours every day and sometimes at night, depending on my hydration.) I'll be happy to provide more info on our now patent pending aid, if you are interested. Regardless, try to reduce the leakage rather than deal with the leakage, which is something I suggest you should look into. Best wishes to you. Duane dglisan@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:44 am 

I am transgendered and do not have male anatomy. Your device would not work.