www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crazy 5 days
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm 

It seems like I'm spending most of my time visiting someone in the medical profession. Last Thur. I had a tube put in my left ear to open up a eustachian tube. Sat. I had my 18 month prostatectomy check up which for the most part was great...psa undetectable. However, due to my long history of bladder complications my incontinence will probably not be any better. I've worn diapers of some kind for so long now, I'm fairly used to them. Then, today I had my cardiologist appt. I'm definitely more concerned about this. I have non sustained ventricular tachycardia along with apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with some scarring. So, now I am on a couple of different meds to see if that lowers my blood pressure and shrinks the enlarged part of my heart muscle. In a few weeks I will wear a holter monitor again for a few days to see if the meds are working. If not, more invasive action will need to be taken...keeping my fingers crossed. So, there you have my latest health update. I think I mentioned this before, but getting old is not for sissys.

Post subject: Re: Crazy 5 days
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:45 am 

Good luck managing your cardiac issues. I might add that, if growing older is not for sissies, incontinence, especially double incontinence, is not for the squeamish or those who are easily embarrassed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am 

just managing 1 condition can be difficult but managing multiples can get real difficult.

incontinence of anything is bad for anyone double i think has to be the worse, just think what parents go through for endless days.

as for me i am at hospital first thing in the morning for a echocardiogram my doctors think it may be heart failure so will be on tender hooks if it is and really not sure what the future would hold if it is confirmed.

one thing it won't be normal as i have a leaky chamber.

still we battle on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am 

Mikey, good luck with your echocardiogram. I have had every test for the heart imaginable. I'm hoping you get some answers without having to go through an extended testing process.