www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:26 am 

Hey Justej!
Just wondering how your'e making out with the diapers you bought from me. Are they easy to put on/for the aide to put on you? Comfortable? Hold well? How often do you use them vs disposable? How are you managing the washing routine? Are you getting help w that? Let me know if you have any issues or have any questions.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:43 am 

Hey they are working out pretty well. I find to be comfortable I can only use 2 inserts. But that seems to be ok. My aide likes them. I use them at home and then disposables when out (which isnt very often). I ordered a plastic storage bin from target for 5 dollars that my friend is picking up for me on Wednesday. I'm thinking of instead of doing a pre wash (since that will cost me an extra $1.50 a load) rinsing them out in the bathtub. Not sure how that will work though. A friend gave me $30 in quarters so that really helps. I also like that I can take it off and put it back on for a bowel movement. I could probably use a size up so I could use more inserts but they work just fine. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am 

The main reason for prewash is to make sure the urine is rinsed out of the diapers and doesnt mix with the wash water wehn you go to wash them for real. rinsing them out in the bathtub would accomplish the same purpose, so you have the right idea :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:48 pm 

I'm wearing the red one with 2 inserts and pul pants. The fit is really good. Dont know about performance yet. My aide just went to target to pick up my plastic bin The plan is: rinse in bathtub, put in bin, sprinkle a bit of baking soda in bin, wash every 3-4 days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:54 pm 

first i dont want this to sound like a plea for free diapers its not i am scared to try cloth for the washing involved maybe some day i will get up the courage to try them

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:07 pm 

mattwp - I was scared to try cloth too. I pay $1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry. So the expense of doing that had me discouraged. But I figured in washing and drying was cheaper than disposables. I still have quite the backstock of disposables so in the long run its saving me money. Also the cloth that I got from sociologygeek wasnt free. It was discounted but I did pay him. I'd suggest buying one diaper to see if you like it then go from there. That's what I did.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:09 pm 

good plan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:19 pm 

sociologygeek- did you wear pul pants over them when you had them? It seems to help with bulk but they are still roomy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:42 pm 

No

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:12 pm 

So the verdict is in:
2 inserts no leak.
Pul pants were dry but I like the extra protection.
Even with one working leg I can pre rinse, toss it in the bin, and sprinkle a little baking soda on it.
Success