www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waist Bands
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:01 pm 

Do other people tuck in their shirts or just leave it un-tuck? I usually tuck it in when I wear a button down, and I do have some adult stockings/onesies that I use once in awhile. The only issue I have is that I live in South FL and the humidity can kill. If I am just wearing a shirt I leave it un-tucked but that causes my anxiety and paranoia to kick in and I spend all day pulling my shirt down thinking someone can see. I've already been stopped at work on my way to the bathroom and asked why I was taking my backpack with me in there, and then again as to if i was leaving or something. I have even had someone say "Did I go change my diaper" with other people in the room. Should I even care if my shirt is tucked or not, or even if people see my waste banned, do people lose sleep over this like me?

Post subject: Re: Waist Bands
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 pm 

Bob,

I leave my shirts un-tucked, unless it is a button down shirt. In the winter time I have under shirts I have tucked in, but Oklahoma heat does a number like Florida humidity. Plus, some of the meds I take puts my sweat glands in overtime. So forget about the undershirts in the summer. I used to have that anxiety of constantly pulling my shirt down but having to wear these for so long I have just don't care anymore. I still though will pull it down in the back from time to time out of habit.
As for work, I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I have a private office with a locking door. I do get questions though as what are you doing in there as I normally don't close the door and lock it. I just say I needed some quiet time to de-stress. I know I would have questions and comments like you if I had to bring my bag into the bathroom during the work day. Plus, it wouldn't be long that I would be know has having to wear diapers as the bathroom doors have a lot of space between them and it is very small along with being used often.
At the end of the day, I have just accepted this is my life now. So if it is found out so be it, life will continue. I would just have to decide if I want to put up with the snickering. I have confided in a select few people at work in case something showed, they would be able to tell me hopefully before someone else see's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm 

I dont care anymore. I'm a tshirt and shorts kinda guy in the summer. Although I got a lot of 5 dress shirts on Ebay so sometimes I'll wear one of those. In the wintertime its either cargo pants or carhartt pants. As far as my diaper showing no one has had the guts to say anything. I just wear pair of black garywear pul pants over my diaper and sometimes boxer shorts. I used to be all about onesies because I was super paranoid about showing and I will wear one every once in awhile but usually not. I dont work because I'm disabled so I don't have any advice there. I'd probably wear a onesie if I worked in an office. I figure I'll probably not see people on the street again so it's no use worrying. Granted it's not like I'm 100% careless and just let my diaper hang out, but I dont obsesses over it like i used to

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 pm 

I try to be discrete, but I don't sweat it anymore. It's too miserably hot in southern Virginia summers to worry about it to that degree.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:04 am 

after 4 years of having to wear diapers 24/7 I have long since stopped worrying about an occasional shirt riding up,exposing the top of my diaper, its not worth the stress. I wear onesie when I am at work and that eliminates the possibility of a accidental exposure but on really hot days I wear a bit longer shirt and that usualy works out ok.

unfortunately people will notice from time to time and may ask a question about my back pack I have no problem explaining to them about my medical issue but I try my hardest to be discrete.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am 

Hi all

You might find this of some use so clever!

http://www.disabled-clothing.co.uk/disa ... 6jh9YrTWhA

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 am 

mine is the opposite not showing at the top but dropping down a a bit so have just ordered some what they call over here fix pants which are stretchy but hold the nappy in place, should be here within a few days so will let you know how i get on.

think i must be of strange shape :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 am 

I think one thing to keep in mind is that those of us that wear diapers are generally hyper aware of that fact. However, to the general public an adult wearing diapers is probably the farthest thing from their mind. I know that before I had to start wearing some form of protection, and really became aware of what an adult diaper looked like, I probably wouldn't have had any idea as to what I was seeing if someones shirt rode up. Well yeah, if there was babyish prints all over I might have thought it was a diaper as I have been aware of "adult babies", but I probably would have just thought they were printed underwear and hey, to each his own. Obviously always be as discreet as possible (I know I am) but don't stress too much about something showing. Bottom line here is 99+% probably won't know what they are seeing if they even bother to focus on your underwear and the other few almost certainly wouldn't say anything if they figured out what you were wearing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:20 am 

the fix pants came and went in the bin man they were shorter than underpants and yet claim they were for pads.

next will be either vests or plastic pants.

i am a jog bottom wearer so have no real issues with the diaper nappies showing above the waistline.

if you are worried about the diaper showing above the waistline then just a simple vest would conceal it or if it is riding up then the popper style vests would suffice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 am 

My real work involves a lot of bending, walking, climbing so I wear a onesie every day without it, even if I tried to tuck in a shirt it would not stay, Living in Florida and often needing to work outside the onesie does add a bit of heat stress however over the years I have gotten very used to it and it does not affect me anymore, but I am confident my underwear won't be showing itself off to the public Now after wearing diapers for so long I don't worry if people Know or find out but if they don't need to I am not going to give any chance to know.

personally, I think the onesie is one of the most important accessories when wearing diapers for people with complete or nearly complete incontinence one reason is the end of the diaper exposure issue. For those that have urge issues and can make it to the bathroom often, I would NOT advise the use of a onesie as it will slow you down getting to the toilet.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter