www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Television advertising
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am 

not sure about the USA but over here in the UK there are a few adverts for incontinence products but why do they all ways advertise for women what about us males?

to be honest the pads they advertise wouldn't be suitable for hardly anything apart from a bit of very light dribble but they go about claiming how much they hold which i feel is far from the truth.

what is the situation in the states?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:41 pm 

its the same here in the states the brand depend makes them sound so good thats a laugh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 am 

these firms are making pads so that they don't show very thin but they are little to no good.

i was issued with tena flex normal range with woven outer material. because of the make up of these pads the inner core is breaking down without even been wet and the inner thrills or cuffs are tearing.

i believe that because the pad is so soft that when it is stretched to fit this is then resulting in the core breaking down at the front.

because the frontal inner core is crumbling it would not be of any use in absorbing urine.. i have reported the fault to the company but bets it will be ignored it is all just getting to be how much money they can make.

i noted that there have been quite a few complaints about this product including that the product leaks because of the lack of plastic backing.

i am getting another tena product and if that is the same then i will look at going back to cloth the only downside is that i will have to try and find nappy liners due to bowel soiling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:33 am 

I stopped using Tena products years ago. In the late 90s/2000s they were my go to pad. They were supplied by my trust and they was quite good. Now I find the Slip and Slip Active and Flex rubbish. Even when you fold the pad down the middle to make a groove none of the wetting seems to be distributed to the back of the pad making a build up at the front and leaking very easily.. I do find them comfortable though but I use other products now.