www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just checking in
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 pm 

It's been a week since surgery. I'm still hurting but less. I get to go out tomorrow. I've been to the front porch of our building twice just to be outside for a bit but I live on the 2nd floor so any time i want to go out i have to crawl up and down the stairs (no elevator) and it just sucks.

My aide has been doing well. With my hand tremor she takes care of the changing, which I am used to by now. When she is not here I attempt to do it. Sometimes successfully.

Enough rambling. The drugs are kicking in....

Post subject: Re: Just checking in
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:16 pm 

glad to hear you are getting out even if it is to the porch. That does suck you don't have an elevator.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 pm 

Thanks batman. I had my follow up with the surgeon. He said when he opened me up that my bones looked like swiss cheese. That it was some of the worst he has seen. I have a bunch of screws and pins (dont know how many) and 3 (I think?) plates. My scars are pretty gnarly. I'm in a hard cast now for about 2 or 3 weeks. Then I'll go back and he will take the staples out and re cast me. I'll stay in that for another month and will get a walking boot but still wont be able to walk. Not sure yet when that will happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:16 am 

You have been, and are enduring, an extremely difficult medical situation. I hope that your recovery continues, and that you'll get the support you deserve.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 pm 

Thank you Patrick. So far it has been good. My weekend aides are pretty crappy still. But I've learned to manage. On the weekends the trash gets taken out, laundry done, and I eat so my basic necessities are taken care of. I usually change myself and do a terrible job. I'm just not comfortable yet asking the weekend ones. My weekday aide will do it, but I'm comfortable with her. It's going to be a long road ahead but I'm as prepared as I can be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 pm 

justej dont sweat it with the weekend aides i guess is they have all ready changed more diapers than you can count before they get to you each day dont get me wrong i to have trouble with new aides myself keep that chin up you can beat this