www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:38 am 

Been dry at night for a year. hardly wore protection at all over last 3+ months. 2x this week I wet the bed. Once fell asleep on the couch and woke up to peeing. Thankfully woke up early in the event and my jeans kept the couch from getting wet. Last night I soaked the bed. Didn't wake up until I had a 6 inch diameter spot.

Guess it's time to invest in protection again.

G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:52 pm 

Sorry to hear that your issues have returned. Are you dealing with more stress than usual right now?

W.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm 

Not really. I had a cold/cough that took me 2+ weeks to ditch but tjhat ended 7+ days ago. daughter off to college a week ago which I'm fine with. I have recently upped my hours at my 2nd job from 10 to 13 hrs a week now so that's new.

My Mom died at the end of July age 93 but I haven't been overly stressed about it. I do have some concern about Dad (age 93) but my 3 siblings who are close by take good care of him. I'm 1400 miles away so only get out there 1 time per year, occasionally 2x.

I don't think my urine production has changed. All the last year I was waking up 1 time per night (sometimes 2x) to use the can. The difference is that I slept so soundly these 2 instances that I didn't wake up to the urge. If anything my sleep was deeper this week than it has been in a while.

G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:45 pm 

G, I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. I think you're right about the protection. Since you've been sleeping more deeply than usual - whether it's due to your increased work hours or other issues - you're not sensing a full bladder, resulting in a nighttime accident. I'd go back to protection for a while to see if your body regulates. I would also double void before going to bed (but don't withhold liquids).

W.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am 

I second Wetter's suggestion that you resume using nighttime protection, but make sure it is up to the task.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm 

Wildly inconsistant bedwetting has been a problem for me for many years. Although I've never gone a year without an incident sometimes it's once a month or two and other times its a few times a week, I just never know. I finally stopped trying to second guess it and started wearing appropriate protection every night. Instantly my anxiety level dropped to near zero and I started sleeping like a baby throughout the night. Not surprisedly my Wife was very supportive of this decision too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:26 am 

Old sleep pattern (waking every few hours) has come back. No more super-sound sleeping and no wetting.