www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm 

I have been to at least three dozen websites looking at cloth diapers. None of them seem to make anything big enough to fit me without doing a custom order. I am unusually tall and my middle is wider than most due to my build. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get ones that have a ~61 inch/ 155cm waist with a decent height rise? Note: I can't use disposables due to an allergy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 pm 

Xakee,

I'm almost positive you will not find any "off the shelf" cloth diapers available that will fit a 61" waist,....that's BIG compared to "most" people. I do have one suggestion for you and that would be to check the Internet for someone that makes custom order diapers at home. I've never purchased any myself, but I have seen plenty of ads for people that hand make cloth diapers at home and sell them on the Internet. I guess the major difference between having a some made by a diaper company, and someone that makes them at home would be the minimum quantity you would have to order. I "think" diaper companies want a minimum of order of at least half dozen (6 diapers), and if you found someone that makes them from home maybe they would make just one for you at a reasonable price. Whatever you decide, be very specific about what you want or you might land up spending a bunch of money having a diaper made that you don't like. No matter how you look at it, your purchase will be a custom order, but the difference will be the minimum purchase. Regardless of price, you might think that you are getting a GREAT deal, but until you see the finished product you don't know what you're going to receive. What to buy a dozen cloth diapers for $50? Send me the $50, and I'll send you the diapers with NO refunds, or exchanges. I'm sure you would NOT like what I send so just buy the very minimum until you know for sure what you're buying.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 pm 

Xakee

If you can use a sewing machine or someone you know can, you can make pocket diapers in any size. I have made some for myself and they work fine. If you are interested let me know and I will send you information on how I did mine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 pm 

RetiredRN wrote:
Xakee

If you can use a sewing machine or someone you know can, you can make pocket diapers in any size. I have made some for myself and they work fine. If you are interested let me know and I will send you information on how I did mine.

I actually have an industrial sewing machine in my workshop along with many other machines. I have a workshop in my house where I make stuff and invent stuff. So, sure I am interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 pm 

i am not this big but i would like to chat with a cloth user and look in to moveing over to cloth but not sure what i am doing i have all ways been in throw away diapers all my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:58 pm 

here is a link to get you started: http://www.kaylasclothkits.com/ It will allow you to down load free patterns for pocket diapers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:04 pm 

Xakee,

It sounds like you might be on to something. If you succeed at sewing any diapers for yourself, you might want to consider making them for others. I'm sure your not the only large person that can't find cloth diapers. This could be an opportunity if you're interested.

Good luck, and keep us posted if you decide to do this.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:06 pm 

I am retired and do not want a job. Therefor I will not be sewing anything for other people. If anyone wants to make their own garments I will send a PDF of how I made mine. I have made A) Pocket diaper, B) Vinyl pants, C) Onesie. Just send me a privet message.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:08 pm 

https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/
They have sizes going up to 3x in prefolds. Very good company to work with, I just don't like run of the mill clotth. doesnt keep skin dry enough. I sold the diapers I bought from them.. I have some control but pin ons made toilet use impossible . I was forced to eitehr take the diaper off or use it wheteher i wanted to or not. I MUCH prefer pocket diapers, but unfortunately they dont come in XL.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:28 pm 

xakee wrote:
I have been to at least three dozen websites looking at cloth diapers. None of them seem to make anything big enough to fit me without doing a custom order. I am unusually tall and my middle is wider than most due to my build. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get ones that have a ~61 inch/ 155cm waist with a decent height rise? Note: I can't use disposables due to an allergy.

It does beg the question what have you been using up until now?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II