www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tranquility atns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 pm 

So I got the atns through my insurance delivered last night. They are doing pretty well today. Yes I do have to change often (they really don't hold more than one wetting) but at the same time I'm not paying for them either. So its really not a big deal. Boosters are on their way so that will help too. I had to quit my dog walking part time job because my ankle joints are deteriorating so not having this expense is a relief.

Post subject: Re: Tranquility atns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:32 pm 
Admin

Sounds great Justej. I’m glad it worked out for you and hope they perform like you need. Sorry to hear about your job. By the way, how’s the activia working out for you? Good I hope.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm 

Thanks Don. So far I haven't had any leaks. I'm wearing pul pants but still haven't had problems. So glad this is working out so far. Regarding the activia. I think it definitely helped. I'm going to pick more up this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:51 pm 

About your ankle joints: Is this due to a manageable or even curable condition? Can your insurance help you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:39 pm 

Patrick, unfortunately it will never get better. Only worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm 

justej not sure of who your insurance is threw but i dont need to know that it is just tmi mine will pay for diapers but the very most junk is what they buy i went to the doc and she wrote a note to mine and they took that and adjusted my food stamps if you have the funds to buy yours and get them to do that i would try my very best to get that done then while that is going threw i would then get on line to www.northshorecare.com get with them they have 2 great lines 1 being their store branded 1 and to me it is fairly wide from pull ups to full on diapers line # 2 is the better dry line i have heard good about them also its worth a shot in my book anyway hope this helps and hope you have a great weekend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 am 

Mattwp - even with the increase in food stamps I really still couldn't afford northshore. Up until recently I was getting them and was spending approximately $140 a month. And I was able to do so with my dog walking money. Plus I've worked really hard to get Medicaid to pay for tranquility and boosters and I don't want to go through the process of trying to get more food stamps and possibly losing all the work I've done. Since I last posted I've had some leaks but this should lessen to nothing when I get the boosters next week. For now I just use pul pants and chux at night and it works just fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:50 am 

Also with my supply company I get lotion, cream, wipes, chux, gloves, the atns, and boosters all at no cost.