www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hyperbaric treatment?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 pm 

Has anybody here on the site had any hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatments? It is being put into a pressurized chamber with pure oxygen, to treat wounds that are not healing normally. Just wondering about wearing diapers during the treatment sessions. The sessions can run from 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours. They have to be very careful about any static electricity. I am scheduled for an evaluation Monday morning and possible treatment the same day. Thanks for any input.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:37 pm 

If the staff's fears of static electricity prevent you from wearing diapers, you might request a Foley for the duration of the test.
Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:10 pm 

I went for the evaluation today and they did accept me for the treatments, which is fantastic. I took both a cloth backed and plastic diaper to show them what I would need to wear. They were all very professional and did not bat an eye at my need to wear a diaper during the procedures. They thought the cloth type disposables would be best, but no velcro type fasteners. I will have 20 treatments, each one for 2 hours. They seem to think that the disposables with the tape type fasteners would be the safest. So I am looking at the Abena M-4 air plus that has the two tape fasteners.