www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:35 am 

Hi all

Well I have government funding for my urinary continence issues and not sure what products other than "pads" to get.

As it is my mattress is getting stained even with mattress protector as well as I have to use the funding soon

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:50 am 

We use a full waterproof matress protector (covers the whole mattress including the sides) and I also use privas largest washable bed pad so I can swap out the bed pad with out having to change the sheets. I have found the Betterdry diapers have worked the best for reducing my leaks (side sleeper) what diaper are you using currently if you are leaking often you may need to try a different diaper with a diaper cover like garys active ware.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 am 

If your financial situation permits, you might consider acquiring an inventory of washables and plastic pants. Although I still have accidents from time to time while wearing washables to sleep, those accidents are much fewer and farther between than when I wore disposables.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 am 

I have a ton of $$ to spend (about $2000) from now til Dec.

I was wondering what else to get other than disposable "underwear" but not washable underwear as no privacy as shared common area and laundry and dont want to advertise
I was considering something additional to mattress protector as sweat is staining the mattress. as well as more mattress protectors
Some water proof underwear as have dribbling after getting out of water and sometime esp when just getting off the fishing boat nowhere to get changed so usually wear my normal swimmers in a towel in car (praying to god I dont leak)

Never really had an opportunity as first time with government funding

Hope this makes sense

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:24 am 

Speaking only for myself, folks who must live with me, including friends and neighbors, sooner or later discover that I'm incontinent. The unpredictability of incontinence makes that inevitable. Do I want to explain this before an accident makes it necessary, or afterwards? And, even when my protection is doing its job effectively, my GI system can leave me doubled over in pain; what then? Maintaining privacy is a laudable goal; however, when it become impossible, being proactive with family, friends and neighbors may be the only choice.