www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:19 am 

It's almost 15 months since my surgery, and I'm still leaking. Sometimes it's minimal, and other times it's more significant. As a result, I'm still in diapers. I'm thinking that wearing a diaper will become my new normal. I'm getting somewhat use to wearing a diaper, and not as nervous/embarrassed having health professionals seeing me in one. In addition, I now have some heart issues to deal with. I have had several tests that indicate I have ventricular tachycardia. On Tuesday, I have a nuclear stress test to determine what is going on and the next course of action. As someone once told me, "getting old is not for sissies".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 pm 

Indeed it isn't. Ventricular tachycardia can be lethal, so stay on top of it; do what your doctors tell you, and diaper up, because this could be a bumpy ride.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 pm 

Yes ventricular tachycardia can be very serious. Get it check out as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:41 pm 

dp66 wrote:
"getting old is not for sissies".

I had my surgery about 8 months ago, and so far not much appreciable improvement, so I understand your frustration. As others have said, the V-tach is a more serious issue than wearing diapers. Good luck with your tests, and diaper up! No sense having additional worries about leaking on top of everything else. Hang in there, dp66

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am 

Well, my nuclear stress test showed nothing too abnormal, but since my holter monitor and ecg did indicate some irregularities, I now will be having an angiogram. I believe that is a more inclusive test where a dye of some kind is injected through a catheter into an artery some where in the groin or arm. Again, having incontinence and wearing a diaper is raising my anxiety level. Has anyone had an angiogram, and if so how was it performed? What was your experience. I sure hope this test will give the cardiologists enough data to be able to make a more definite diagnosis.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am 

Hi dp66,
My good friend has been dealing with heart issues the last couple of years. I asked him about the test and here is what he said:
It was either similar or the same thing as the procedure I had to December so a little bit scary but ultimately very little recovery time

He actually found out he had had 2 heart attacks but has recovered very well. My old roommate also had that test done I believe. I sent him a text and if he has more info I'll let you know. Good luck with your test.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:16 pm 
Admin

Hi Dp66,
I am going through something similar to you. My cardiologist thinks I could be going through random episodes of SVT. I wear an Apple Watch to track my HR. I’ve been having episodes where I start panting and breathing fast out of nowhere. It’s not anxiety. Before I got my watch, I could never see what was going on. It doesn’t happen all the time. It happened a few days ago. My watch alarmed at me. It noticed an abnormal heart rhythm over 120bpm with no corresponding physical activity. I looked at my watch and it went from 45bpm to 152bpm. So my heart was beating 2.5 times per second. And stayed there for half an hour. I felt sick and called my doctor. My cardiologist wants to do an event monitor for 2 weeks. I’m going in next week for fitting. They just needed approval from my insurance. I had a 24hr holter last year along with an echo and ANSAR test. They were fine. I have had numerous EKG’s showing tachycardia and alternating bradycardia. I’ve had HR’s as low as 30bpm and has high as 200+. I felt like I wanted to vomit. So needless to say, you’re not alone. My incontinence is the least of my problems. I just diaper up and carry on. Usually, to a doctors appointment....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:51 pm 

Hi All

To all of you that have posted here all the very best life can deal a cruel hand at times.

Look after yourself all and take care.

Best of wishes for hopefully stable times!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 pm 

Thanks for the support Greenbank. We are a complicated machine aren't we.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 pm 
Admin

Dp66,
I know you’ve been going through some heart issues. As am I. I am having a LINQ implanted next Monday (7/16). It is an internal ECG that collects arrhythmia information for up to three years. It is done outpatient. The device is roughly 1/3rd the size of a AAA battery. People say you can feel it under the skin but it’s not really noticeable. The device provides a wealth of information to your cardiologist. My electrophysiologist told me there is nothing your heart can do that this device won’t see. Even when you’re sleeping. I have a button that goes with it. If I get into trouble, I can push it and it will notify my cardiologist. I have issues with Tachy/Brady Syndrome. My heart rate is chaotic. So they are using this to track it. A 24hr holter wasn’t enough. My other doctors wanted more information. Have you tried something like this?