www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stepping down.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:21 pm 

It is with somewhat of a heavy heart that I make my last post as an mod here. I have had the pleasure to help steer this great forum in a direction to real support for those struggling with incontinence and have a safe place to vent and feel safe from those that would take advantage of their pain and struggles. But I have come to a place where I need to take the next step in my own growth and walk away. Always having my radar on, assuming every new member may be here for the wrong reason is extremely taxing and it wears you down after time. I have had some awesome support to keep it up and that I was doing the right thing from a lot of the members here but I also get attacked but a small handful. The latest attack from kdlstar was the final blow. I find myself avoiding the forums or skipping over post just because I am tired of it all. I can not do my job that way and the people here that still need this to be a safe place don't need me to be that way.
My suggestion to those who's heart is still in the forums is to post here or send a PM to schoppy asking to help. He and Puffy are the most active and they can't do it all and I'm sure they would appreciate the help. Also, go ahead and take the time to tell them thanks, especially schoppy for what they have built here and the job they do to keep things on track. There is NOWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET that does what is being done here. It a hard and thankless job. They can use the pat on the back to help them know what they do is appreciated. Seems the only people that have anything to say, only voice the negative and seem to forget that this is a support forum that is focused on those new to this and looking for answers. Trust me, someone in that situation is not needing to hear how great the other side is. It doesn't help them one bit. When they get to the point they are ready, they will look for their own answers. It's not like they can not find it with a simple Google search.

It has been my genuine pleasure to serve and to help and to also be seen as someone that will keep people safe and confort them.
Good luck and I hope for nothing but the best for those that need this place and those in the future looking for real answers.

Rope
Signing off

Post subject: Re: Stepping down.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm 

Rope - I'm sorry that circumstances have caused you to step down as an ISC mod. It's hard to hear of your leaving, and it's a significant loss for the forum community. I'm sorry to see you go, but I know how difficult the unjust and uncalled-for attacks have been for you. It galls me that kdlstar, with his rambling and nonsensical negativity - the last attack having been rendered over one year after the last post on that particular thread - has caused you to make the decision to leave. I'm not surprised that he criticized me in the same post as well.

I hope Schoppy and/or Puffy and other mods take some time to think about the situation (i.e., the injustice done to you, the attempt to trash the ISC forum, and the loss of your input to forum members) and ban him from the forum - he certainly deserves it due to his hostile and inappropriate agenda. And yes, Schoppy and Puffy do an awesome job keeping it real - with no compensation!!!

Last but not least, I wish you all the best that life has to offer.

Best regards,
Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm 

Hate to see you go Rope. I wish you well and I have enjoyed your post. take care and safe travels.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 pm 

Rope,

It saddens me greatly to see you go. You have been a tremendous help/mentor/friend to me as I learned to LIVE with my incontinence. I know from our private conversations how important this forum has been to you, and how conflicted you have been about the challenges you've faced being a moderator. While I hate to see it, you know you have my support.

While I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes, I too want to thank @schoppy and @Puffy Pants for all you do and for creating an indispensable place to learn, vent, commiserate, and hopefully grow to thrive with our respective situations. I've been all over the web looking for support groups, and ICS is far and away the best, most focused, and safe place I have found. Keep up the good, no GREAT work!!

Thanks again, to you all!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 pm 

This forum has seriously kept me alive at times. My journey has taken me from no answers to some and I am far from being (if ever) cured. Thank you rope, puffy pants, and especially schoppy. He has helped me in times of need and I hope I can some day pay it forward. You all have made me realize that I'm not alone. From the beginning of just starting to wear protection, to the struggles of tests and meds, and now to catheterization I don't know if I would still be able to function. So I just want to say thanks to the mods for keeping this a place to feel as though I am not struggling alone. Rope I hate to see you go and I hope you are well in your own journey.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:29 am 

Hi Rope

Sorry to hear you have decided to stop being a moderator here you have allways had the best intrest of the users and you have also helped a lot of people including my self come to terms and accept we have a medical issue that forces us back into diapers to manage our incontinence issues. I hope you decide to remain an active user and continue to help with your support and knowledge for new and existing members.

This site has allways been and hopefully will allways be here for members who need help with dealing with incontinence issues.

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 am 

Rope,

Although you are stepping down as a moderator, I hope you will continue to be active here.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 am 

As several others have mentioned, I too hope you stay an active participant. I have appreciated any advice , although not often, that you have given me. Almost daily, I struggle with the stigma associated with the need to wear diapers. You have helped me through some of those issues. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 am 

Rope, you have fought the good fight. The many attacks you have endured are proof that your presence has been necessary. Thanks for all you have done to safeguard the dignity of this online space. I will miss you.

Noe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 am 

not sure what happen rope but hope you can still be here just not be a mod