www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 pm 
Admin

After reading the posts of other members regarding the Better Dry/Crinklz brands, I decided to give them a try. Like others, I took advantage of the Crinklz sale at Northshore. I don’t mind the prints. The only one who sees me in them is my wife. I don’t wear them to my doctors appointments where I might give the wrong impression. Although I know my doctors well and have for several years and I don’t think they’d really care. Has anyone experienced this with their medical provider? Also, I receive Abena M4 from the VA but I need something more absorbent. Yes I’ve tried Confidry w/ boosters and Molicare, etc. I wet very heavily at night and those diapers couldn’t keep up. So far, the crinklz have worked at night. I use them with a booster. They swell immensely in the front. It’s fine because I mostly only wear them around the house. The swelling doesn’t make them a “stealth” diaper. One wetting and I’ll be outed in a public setting. I considered ordering Betterdry as they’re the same as crinklz just plain. But after reading the reviews on northshore, people say they swell too. How does one get around this? For those of you who wear these brands, how do you wear them in public. Also, I live in Florida. It’s just too darn hot in the summer for onesies and black clothing. I have trouble regulating my body temperature so more heat is the last thing I need.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 pm 

I too wear Crinklz to bed, either with a NS booster or with a cloth diaper over it depending on how my bladder is acting and how much I expect to flood at night. During the day, I will often wear BDs out and about (and once in a great while a Crinklz) especially when I will be sitting for long periods. I've found that wearing pants or shorts a size larger is generally sufficient to conceal them, even after absorbing quite a bit of urine. Yes, they can swell significantly, but the beauty of today's fashion style is that a long, untucked shirt is perfect for hiding the bulge or at least breaking up the visual enough to not be noticeable to the untrained eye. The caveat here is that I have no idea how it looks from behind, but I believe my wife would say something if it was obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 am 

I really like Better Dry Diapers and they do hold an enormous amount but I have to admit that I tend to use either Dry 24/7's or Abena L4's when I know I'll be out and about and more in the "public eye". I always try to be discreet but I find it difficult with the Better Dry's due to the huge swelling, especially in the front. Don't get me wrong here, they are great diapers and I do use them when capacity is the prime concern but I do plan ahead a bit and consider the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 am 

I have had no issues wearing Betterdry as my daily diaper of choice I wear denver relax fix jeans one size up and no one has said anything even close friends or people at work even the ones who would not hesitate to give me a hard time if they noticed. The diapers do swell up more then other diapers I have tried but they work and I have not had one leak juring the day since switching to them .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 pm 

i guess i am lucky in that with me in a chair the swelling they do dont show much with me setting in the chair i dont wear when going to drs but will wear any other time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 am 

Add me to the list of non issue wearer. If the diaper is taped tightly I have not noticed any severe issues until the diaper is at saturation point, at which point diaper bulge is less a concern to the fear of leakage if I should sit down or move too quickly.

Where it becomes a bulging issues is when I have to remove the diaper for a bowel movement. It is never as tight as it was when first put on and becomes drastically more noticeable in my opinion.

Still, I wear dress slacks over them and have never had an issue of any comments or stares. My wife usually watches for bulges too and will make wardrobe recommendations, but she has noticed this is a lot better to the dry24/7.

When you wear compression shorts, the bulge disappears as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:56 pm 

I wear BetterDry 24/7. No one knows.

I think we're just too self conscious about it. Dress appropriately around your diaper and no one can tell. I hardly even think about it anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:04 am 

MikeJames wrote:

I think we're just too self conscious about it. Dress appropriately around your diaper and no one can tell. I hardly even think about it anymore.

Completely agree!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:27 am 

mattwp wrote:
i guess i am lucky in that with me in a chair the swelling they do dont show much with me setting in the chair i dont wear when going to drs but will wear any other time

Youre brave! May I ask why not at the Dr?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 am 

greenbank wrote:
MikeJames wrote:

Completely agree!

Coulnt have said it better myself

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II