www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
mattwp wrote:
i guess i am lucky in that with me in a chair the swelling they do dont show much with me setting in the chair i dont wear when going to drs but will wear any other time

Youre brave! May I ask why not at the Dr?

i kinda like the printed over the plain white ones to have a little variety to my need for diapers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 am 

I don't have an issue with the Betterdry or any other bulky diaper out in public. I do purchase pants a few waists sizes larger than my actual size this helps the flow of the pants to hide diaper bulge. I to also live in Florida but I do use a onesie every day (not a tight one), yes it can get hot but I got used to it. if you have problems regulating your body temp that might be different. the biggest thing is we are way more prone to think about it but the reality is no one cares or sees a diaper bulge unless you are doubling up with spandex pants but even than most people would not notice or care! staying dry is the best way to not get noticed! wet pants are hard to hide!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm 

I sometimes wear the Better Dry diapers and have never had them be noticeable. Admittedly I wear jeans over them, but that would probably kill me in Florida. In Hampton, Virginia it is more of a viable option. The heat here does mean that I don't wear onesies during the summer, just boxer briefs over the diapers.

As for what I wear to my doctors, I stick to plain white ones for the same reasons. Every other time, I find what works and shop for the prices.

I get the Abena L4 from the VA, but I'm not a fan. I love the ConfiDry 24/7 but I am shopping around for a better priced diaper if possible. My wife has been doing research and making a spreadsheet where she breaks the diapers down to per individual one if we buy a case and we'll make a decision based on that in the end I think.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 am 

porkchop would be neat to see what you and your wife find out if you are comfy showing please do share

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:51 pm 

mattwp wrote:
porkchop would be neat to see what you and your wife find out if you are comfy showing please do share

Right now it looks like Northshore has better prices for what works for me... basically it's a tie between BetterDry and ConfiDry by case. I have thick thighs, so there are relatively few diapers that work.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 am 

Porkchop wrote:
mattwp wrote:

Right now it looks like Northshore has better prices for what works for me... basically it's a tie between BetterDry and ConfiDry by case. I have thick thighs, so there are relatively few diapers that work.

So far in our research, the Northshore Supreme tends to be a better performance-price per brief overall but the prices change often so good deals are out there. Another downside to the Northshore is many people find them too stiff, however for me if properly activated I find them very comfortable.

it is always important to check shipping rates and sales as sometimes the price situation flips and products like Dry 24/7 and BetterDry become the better performance-price per brief.

So glad we have multiple quality products we can choose from and can consider performance-price per brief!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:28 pm 

@RealWorldIC: What do you mean properly activated?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 pm 

Porkchop:
I believe by "properly activating" the diaper realworldic means to open it out fully, stretch it out a bit in both directions, and then fold a "V" into it. This process softens the diaper a bit, reduces leaks, and allows better flow to the back as well as improving wicking. At any rate it's what I do before taping a diaper on and in my experience seems to improve all around performance.

realworldic:
Sorry if I jumped in here and got this wrong, please feel free to correct me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 am 

I would add running one's fingers down the internal standing leak guards to ensure that they are free and erect. Very important for those of us who are bowel incontinent but also helpful for those who are urinary incontinent.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:30 pm 

To add further I also unpack the diapers to allow them to expand to their pre-packed state this also helps with performance.