www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:17 pm 

Hi Y'all,
I've forgotten what its like to work in the office after working from home for the past couple of months. I wore my usual NS Supreme Lite + Booster as I've been doing since Covid. I had a lot of work to do and lost track of time. I must have been sitting for several hours lost in my work. When I got up, I felt a strong urge to urinate and within seconds I flooded my diaper and leaked. Luckily our office was only 20% occupied and no one on my team was in today. Floods like this rarely happen. My leaks are usually small and regular throughout the day. I suspect it was because I was sitting for so long that my bladder became more full than usual and the sitting position kept me from leaking throughout the day. Does that make sense? I hope so because I really don't want to wear a bulkier diaper if I can help it.

thanks
fiacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 am 

fiacs:
Sometimes when using a booster pad, especially if it's become thick from previous wettings, it can somewhat compromise the effectiveness of the standing leak guards. Then when you have an especially large flood it can flow over the leak guards before being absorbed, maybe that is what happened in this instance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:04 am 

In some males, (myself included), sitting on a hard surface with a full diaper can compress the urethra. Standing up can release the pressure, causing a flood.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 am 

I think Patrick's reply is probably correct. When I sit at my desk, focused on a project for an hour or two, without standing up my bladder will be fuller than normal and when I stand or change position it will tend to empty. Sometimes I can consciously control it and carefully make it to the bathroom. The factors I have identified are: How long I have been sitting; My hydration level; and How tired I am.
When my activity level varies throughout the day I tend to lose smaller amounts of urine periodically. I can try to void in the bathroom and walk away only to have a small void a few minutes later. The only thing that is more unpredictable than my bladder is my golf game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:20 pm 

Thank you gentlemen for your input.
I'm at work now and I've been consciously making myself get up from the chair and move around a bit. The floods haven't happenend for the reasons mentioned. I'm back to my small voids which I can manage quite well.

To happilyretired2: Your symptoms and experiences are just like mine. Small voids throughout the day. I wish my golf game was unpredictable. It became nonexistent when I chose to play a round of golf last year and showed up late to my wife's surprise birthday party.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:41 am 

For me it‘s more or less the same. I don‘t know if my bladder gets fuller while sitting or if I feel the urge later, but when getting up and the pressure changes fast this cause normally also a problem for me when I had waited for to long. At the end it’s all about timing - periods over 1,5 hours are problematic for me. With Corona and home office things are going much better because there is no traveling and there are no long drives to the office anymore. More over I work much more relaxed at home. It was surprised to see that a month after the shutdown I used only half as much of the pads then before :-)