www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 pm 

Been dead around here for a few days.
I've been home sick. Seems I have a virus with a touch of the flu. Sucks so bad. Wednesday and Thursday I was throwing up and today it hit me from the other end. While I was sitting on the floor unprotected. Not good. Most of it went on a sheet and a pair of underwear I happened to be sitting on. I've only been able to keep down some saltines and Gatorade. My cat has been a good companion. I hope the silence means everyone is doing ok.

Post subject: Re: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:23 pm 
Admin

Hi justej. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. I know from experience that throwing up and incontinence is rough. I don’t usually get the flu. Instead I’ve had pneumonia and bronchitis several times. I usually end up in the ER with breathing difficulty every spring. The pollen gets to me and makes me congested and causes an asthma cough and the whole thing snowballs. My doctor gives me a prescription cough medicine. I also have frequent GI troubles, and when I’m coughing so hard I’m throwing up, it usually turns into bowel accidents. I hate it. I can definitely understand where you’re coming from. Many of us have been there. You’re not alone. I hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:23 am 

Thanks don. I'm at the hospital right now actually. I got iv fluids and a bunch of meds. I feel a lot better. So glad I came. I definitely have a stomach virus. Of course I got gassy after i got here. Lol. Nothing they haven't dealt with before. My nurse and doctor were super nice. Hopefully I'm going home soon. I hope you stay out of the hospital too. They are the pits.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:59 pm 

Hmmm, I wonder if it's because I've mostly stayed away, lol! Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of folks got together on pm's and put together their own group. Hope you feel better soon, ej.

W.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 pm 

No I don't think it's because of you wetters!
At first I thought it was me.

I hope people didn't go and form their own groups. That would be a total bummer. I think we just had a lull in the board. Seems to be picking up again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 am 
Admin

I hope it does get more active around here.
For a while we had a large group here that were real active.
Its a shame that they are not active here any more.
I hope it wasn't because of me not wanting to change the format of the site and have a section for ABDL related topics.
I personally have no problem with the ABDL group of people or what they do.
Its just that this site was set up originally as a site that is dedicated to help people that are dealing with incontinence.

When this site started there was almost nothing on the internet dealing with incontinence, in fact the internet didn't have much of anything as it was just starting out also. Here in my city I even helped the owner of the first internet office/computer center. HEHE wiring up over 5,000 commercial grade modems was a LOT of fun. One time we had a bad storm hit and the wind and the weight of all of the phone lines on the back of the building started to sway in the wind. It didn't take too long and BAMM CRASH BOOM all of the phone lines got pulled off of the back of the building. That's when the owner decided to switch over to multiple fiber optic lines instead of copper lines LOLOL

Anyway, im sorry that I started rambling, im real tired. :roll: :roll:

Like I said, I hope it wasn't because of me not wanting to have ABDL on the site.
This may be one of the few original sites that I have seen that someone that is new to having to deal with incontinence can go to and get help from other people that also are dealing with the same symptoms of incontinence.

There are a LOT of different type of sites that deal with the ABDL life style that have a small section for incontinence related topics.
That's all and good, but I would like to keep this site dedicated just to incontinence related problems.
Over the years I have heard from multiple people that are real glad that this site is set up that way as they only was looking for some help on dealing with their incontinence.

I hope that doesn't piss people off and them leave the forum, I just feel that people should have an option on what type of site they want to go to on their incontinence related problems. A type of site that has an ABDL related theme or one that doesn't. If they want to they can even go to both type of sites, I don't care. This is a free world. AS such, for someone that's freshly dealing with incontinence for the first time they should be able to go to a site that's more dedicated like this site and not for dealing with a fetish, they are just looking for help.

I hope people can understand that.

:) :) :) :) :)

Ok, its almost 1:30am and its WAY PAST my bedtime..

Schoppy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 am 

schoppy wrote:
I hope it wasn't because of me not wanting to change the format of the site and have a section for ABDL related topics.
I personally have no problem with the ABDL group of people or what they do.
Its just that this site was set up originally as a site that is dedicated to help people that are dealing with incontinence.

When this site started there was almost nothing on the internet dealing with incontinence, in fact the internet didn't have much of anything as it was just starting out also. Here in my city I even helped the owner of the first internet office/computer center. HEHE wiring up over 5,000 commercial grade modems was a LOT of fun. One time we had a bad storm hit and the wind and the weight of all of the phone lines on the back of the building started to sway in the wind. It didn't take too long and BAMM CRASH BOOM all of the phone lines got pulled off of the back of the building. That's when the owner decided to switch over to multiple fiber optic lines instead of copper lines LOLOL

Anyway, im sorry that I started rambling, im real tired. :roll: :roll:

Like I said, I hope it wasn't because of me not wanting to have ABDL on the site.
This may be one of the few original sites that I have seen that someone that is new to having to deal with incontinence can go to and get help from other people that also are dealing with the same symptoms of incontinence.

There are a LOT of different type of sites that deal with the ABDL life style that have a small section for incontinence related topics.
That's all and good, but I would like to keep this site dedicated just to incontinence related problems.
Over the years I have heard from multiple people that are real glad that this site is set up that way as they only was looking for some help on dealing with their incontinence.

I hope that doesn't piss people off and them leave the forum, I just feel that people should have an option on what type of site they want to go to on their incontinence related problems. A type of site that has an ABDL related theme or one that doesn't. If they want to they can even go to both type of sites, I don't care. This is a free world. AS such, for someone that's freshly dealing with incontinence for the first time they should be able to go to a site that's more dedicated like this site and not for dealing with a fetish, they are just looking for help.

Schoppy

and that is why though not a big contributor I stick around. this is the only site that is free of that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:44 pm 

schoppy wrote:
I hope it wasn't because of me not wanting to change....

Schoppy

I don’t think it’s that at all. Though I did wonder about the lull as well. I think as other generations on this site have commented, this forum goes through waves of veteran and new people. Many of the veterans have gleaned all the information they can and see a lot of the same questions coming up again and again. Some stay, and some leave/lurk. This forum is incredible and a search can find just about every conceivable issue explained to minute detail. Heck, a faq might be a cool feature for some of the questions that get asked a lot that are outside of the diaper primer.

But I think the lulls happen as one of the mods pointed out, “if you’re cured, you’re not likely to be hanging out in a support forum.” And for others, they have received enough help and advice to cope in a healthy manner. But given the prevalence of this problem and it’s manyfaceted causes/types, there will always be new people and always a need for this unique and helpful group.

So, no. I do not think anyone was chased away or that a significant amount of people are upset with the 0 tolerance of abdl content. As you said, there are plenty of places for that. This forum has the distinction of being medical only, welcoming all people and all beliefs, but keeping the topics relevant to the support group.

Thank you Schoppy and all mods for making this great forum.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm 

I am very thankful that this site is ABDL free. With my history of sexual abuse most of the other sites have been too challenging to me.
I sometimes feel it is a little much of veterans talk, but it is not a problem. Maybe a section for veterans talk could be a good idea....
Anyway, so much thank you for creating this site!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm 

Schoppy, I wouldn't change this site at all. I really appreciate that fact that it's about medical incontinence only and not the various diaper fetishes. Hey, I don't have any problem whatsoever with the AB/DL crowd, and in fact I do check one of the other sites from time to time because there is some good information there. However I really like the fact that here I don't have to wade through a ton of "questionable" posts like I do in the incontinence section on the other site. In addition I agree with what Tarlton said (see above posts) and feel that it's about quality not quantity.