www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I give up
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 pm 

Medicaid no longer pays for tranquility atns. Unless I want crappy institutional diapers that will leak I'm going to have to pay $76 every 3 weeks for a case of northshore supremes. That may not seem like a lot to most but I'm on disability and my income is super limited. I'll be cutting out things like dinner or coffee with friends and basically anything that involves money. I'm so frustrated and I hate this.

Post subject: Re: I give up
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:27 pm 

Hi Justej

Don't give up don't know if you have credit cards that will give you a persentage back each time you use it if you do every so often you will have enough for a free case. Don't just settle for one supplier shop around even internationaly. Check for voucher codes.

If you are looking for cost effective proactive things to do some suggestions. Sit in on court cases, expand you religious education by visiting other religious establishments, visiting parks, take up bird watching, offer yourself to volunteer for charitable/local endeavour great for meeting new friends, see if you can attend state or local government/institutions meetings, visit cemeteries and other memorials such an educational experience for further research.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:43 pm 

Thanks greenbank. I was stupid when I was younger and racked up a bunch of debt. I'm paying that off now and that makes it harder. But it needs to be done time to be an adult and take care of this stuff. I'm just feeling stressed and in a few months it will get better. Just gotta tighten my belt and ride this all out. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking around

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03 pm 

go to your doc that you work with have them write out statement that you need the tranquility atn's and this should help you get them back here i get food stamps also and i dont get the diapers paid for but do get a few extra bucks on my food stamps not sure what your state will do but worth a shot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 pm 

Who do I send the statement to? Medicaid? I went through a local medical supply store and they said Medicaid lowered the amount per diaper they covered and the tranquility no longer qualifies.
I do get food stamps (very little) and I think I can get extra money if I take in my receipts. It just sucks because you have to get in line like an hour and a half before they open and stand there to get a good place in line. I'm disabled and use crutches so it's hard for me to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 pm 

yes take dr note to your local office and ask them kindly to consider the need for or atn briefs diapers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm 

You might want to check on Craiglist for some local deals on "quality" disposables. May forum members have found some GREAT buys on Craigslist. Just a thought,...hope this helps.