www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BetterDry/Crinklz
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 pm 

I've been having leaking issues with M4s and with them not performing like they use to and needing to restock up I've decided to give BetterDry/Crinklz a go given that they have been getting good reviews form everyone. I however did end up buying the printed version due to North Shore having a sale on them and me being be able to apply some promotional codes to bring them down to about 1.10 a diaper, and overall they're a great replacement. If anyone has yet to try them out they should give them a try.

Post subject: Re: BetterDry/Crinklz
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 pm 

I have now tried Better Dry and all 3 Crinklz prints and they have proven themselves to be the best combination of fit, absorption, performance, comfort, and price for me. While I prefer the plain white of the Better Drys, I can't pass up the sales on the printed version. I tend to wear the printed ones at night and around the house, and use the BDs when I am out and about (just in case I get in a wreck and one of my Fire Medic friends shows up and gets the wrong idea - LOL).

P.S. - Would love to know the promotional codes you used

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:02 pm 

I have used crinklz printed ones and they are super thick. It was the printed ones and it did not feel right somehow so never re ordered any after the one lot. There is no doubt about it they were a good product.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:52 pm 

Yeah I would of gone for the blanks ones but you can never pass up a deal. I myself dont mind the print, plus the only othwr person who is going to see them is my wife and she found them to be cute.

I dont have the codes on me right now, but should be able to look them up by just typing North Shore promo codes on google. I used a a 10 off a 100, something off of 50 I think, and I opened a new account to get another three bucks off. This was all on top of the promotion they have going on.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm 

Heres the link

www.offers.com/northshore-care-supply/

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:19 pm 

Thank, Bob. I was only able to use two of those codes, so 13 off, brining it down to 1.22 a diaper verses the 1.56 I pay for the BD with autoship discount. I am not crazy about wearing patterned diapers but it saves me $25 for my May order.

Tried to order a second time but the codes didn’t work, and given that it was only 13 off the total and not a percentage, I didn’t think it worth it. That being said, their discount would still save me $12 even without the extra codes. Now I have to do some soul searching and weigh that out and purchase a few months worth to save money.... or say, no, my dignity of not wearing cartoons on my diapers is worth $12 extra bucks a month. What do you all think?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:57 pm 

Well... unless you are going around the neighborhood in just your print diaper it hardly matters what they look like, right? If nothing else you might get a laugh out of the prints, or at least a smile. It amazes me that so many somehow think that a printed wet diaper on them somehow is more babyish or whatever than an all white wet diaper on them - pretty much the same thing i would say. If there is anything one would associate with being babyish it is diapers, especially wet diapers. We are adults, we wear, and wet/mess them. We work, we love, we help others, pay taxes, drive cars/trucks, etc etc etc. All the so called baby things can't change who we are, we are people. Some of us are younger and some older, but we are all adults. And yes, this part of our lives which we never asked for and often drives us to an edge and can anger us and sadden us and often frustrate us is also something we are handling as best we can. We handle it BECAUSE we are adults. We know what we have to do (wear) and we wear it and go on. Period. If you can laugh at yourself, a good quality, wear the teddy bears or what ever because you are not going to become someone you are not and the extra $$$$ will also make you smile. Papa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 pm 

Tarlton
On the one hand the question is who might see the printed diaper? This would depend on if you will be wearing these to work, at home, around friends, or out and about? And then will there be a problem for you, or them, if someone sees your diaper prints? This is obviously a very personal question.

On the other hand here's a whole other view of this, and one that I think many of us that do wear diapers have a hard time realizing. Specifically, most non-diaper wearing people probably wouldn't really know what they were seeing if they did see a (probably) very small portion of your printed diaper. Of course us diaper wearers would know, but we are overly sensitive to this, everyone else isn't, in fact they are quite the opposite. First off they probably wouldn't notice at all and second if they did they would probably think it was just some kind of print, not a "baby" print. And I suspect that a huge (99% ? ) of people don't even know what AB/DL is and wouldn't think that about you.

I think that the worst scenario would be if they did see the print and then figured you were a pedophile. Yes, us diaper wearers know that this isn't true but is that what they would think and maybe try to take some inappropriate action?

Finally, judging from what you've posted in some of your earlier posts about wanting to keep your need for diapers secret, I would think that you wouldn't want to take any chances wearing a printed diaper. Especially to save a relatively small sum each month.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:11 pm 

Papa wrote:
Well... unless you are going around the neighborhood in just your print diaper it hardly matters what they look like, right? If nothing else you might get a laugh out of the prints, or at least a smile. It amazes me that so many somehow think that a printed wet diaper on them somehow is more babyish or whatever than an all white wet diaper on them - pretty much the same thing i would say. If there is anything one would associate with being babyish it is diapers, especially wet diapers. We are adults, we wear, and wet/mess them. We work, we love, we help others, pay taxes, drive cars/trucks, etc etc etc. All the so called baby things can't change who we are, we are people. Some of us are younger and some older, but we are all adults. And yes, this part of our lives which we never asked for and often drives us to an edge and can anger us and sadden us and often frustrate us is also something we are handling as best we can. We handle it BECAUSE we are adults. We know what we have to do (wear) and we wear it and go on. Period. If you can laugh at yourself, a good quality, wear the teddy bears or what ever because you are not going to become someone you are not and the extra $$$$ will also make you smile. Papa

I love this, Papa! This clearly and concisely puts into words the thoughts that have been swirling around in my head since my incontinence worsened and I made the decision to wear 24/7 after struggling with it for some time. This type of thinking is what I have to keep telling myself as I try to navigate life in a wet diaper! Though there are times I get VERY down about it, I try my best to "own" it.

To jump back into the thread topic, part of "owning it" for me is to make the best decisions I can about products that work for me. I search the various suppliers and take advantage of sales when I can. I figure I'm going to be in diapers the rest of my life, so why not save a few bucks when deals are available? I've bought quality printed plastic pants because the white versions were often twice as expensive (3 X as much for certain "big name" pants) and ya know what? They have held up better than the "name" ones and the only people that see me in 'em are me and my wife. The first couple times I ordered diapers with prints, I felt a little funny about it, but I decided that it was worth it to me to save a little money, and besides, I used to have several colors and styles of underwear, so why not diapers, which are my new underwear? While I wish the prints were so "babyish," I really don't pay attention to them anyway.

One thing I have found interesting since joining this forum (which has helped me immeasurably BTW) is the different ways people deal with their situation and their thought processes behind what they do. In my case, I think about my situation almost continually, and my wife and I realized, early on, that the best way for me to survive and thrive is to not take myself or my situation too seriously. We laugh and joke about it. We talk about it. We have let select people know about it. I'm to the point where 95 percent of the time, I really don't give a s#@% about it or if someone finds out (though I still try to be discrete). Many decisions I've/we've made in how to deal with my incontinence have been related to avoiding or limiting anxiety. I know not everyone can take this approach, but it's what works for me. It is much the same with products, you have to make the best decision for you, and if it gives you anxiety to wear printed diapers, then don't. One thing I've learned is that, though we are all on the same journey, our destinations may be very different and we may take infinite routes to get there. Good luck and I hope whatever decision you make is the right decision for you!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:25 am 

5bugles wrote:
Many decisions I've/we've made in how to deal with my incontinence have been related to avoiding or limiting anxiety. I know not everyone can take this approach, but it's what works for me. It is much the same with products, you have to make the best decision for you, and if it gives you anxiety to wear printed diapers, then don't. One thing I've learned is that, though we are all on the same journey, our destinations may be very different and we may take infinite routes to get there. Good luck and I hope whatever decision you make is the right decision for you!

I think the above quote from 5bugles really sums it up perfectly. You don't have to be an AB/DL to wear a printed diaper and it certainly won't make you one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying something a little different, hey, plain white is boring, but I think it finally comes down to what your anxiety level will be if you do wear a printed diaper.