www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:59 pm 

I had posted this in the section on buying diapers internationally, but thought I would post here as well. I will be coming to Belfast and over to England in June-July 2018 (from the US) and will need to buy diapers (nappies) for my time in England. I should be able to carry enough to get me through the week conference in Belfast, but will need to pick up supplies when we get to England. We will be there for about 3 weeks. I use the tape on diapers (Tena Slip Maxi or Abena M4 and my wife likes the pull-ups). I would like to be able to go to a store and buy what I need, but have heard that incontinence supplies aren't that available in stores. Just wondering what stores you might suggest, if any. We will be coming to the Leeds or York area first. Anybody have any comments? Thanks so much for the help!
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 pm 

We have a large Chemist chain in England called Boots. Most towns have one some are really big. They have a section sign posted in the shop under Bladder Weakness. They have a slip with tapes on that is not bad. Also pull ups and various others. I really like the slips they are a good fit for me in the M/L size. The tapes are good and can be re fixed once at least. Absorbent level is about medium. I would recommend.4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:22 pm 

Smaller chemists and disability shops stock a variety of pads and nappies but these tend not to be very good. If you know your itinerary you could ring a few chemists and see if you can place a order for better nappies and have them hold them for you this way you will have a better choice to pick from. Google chemists and your destination, just a quick look lloyds pharmacy stock the Tena range, I'm sure you will be able to arrange something. Or you could purchase over the internet and get them delivered to your hotel and have them hold them for you. Most deliveries are delivered next day. This gives you much better choice and will be cheaper too. I recommend incontinencechoice.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 pm 

Thank you both for your reply. This will be a huge help for our trip in June.
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:20 am 

not sure if you have tried the Northshore Supreme Air. but the ID Expert Slip Maxi
is practically a Clone of the Northshore and widely available in Europe. both are MFR by the Belgium Based Ontex Group
I have compared both and other than wording on the brief and a couple color bits they are nearly identical.
I consider the Northshore Brief a large step up from the Abena 4 series which when it was the XPlus was a great brief .
Have a great Trip.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm 

Thanks so much for the information on the ID Expert Slip Maxi. I have never used them, but always thought it was an excellent quality diaper. I really appreciate everyone's comments, very helpful. Looking forward to being back in England!
gary