www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am 

So I'm getting one of these thingies implanted in me to treat my chronic pain from my accident.
I'm super nervous. I know this isn't incontinent related but was wondering has anyone had this done?
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm 
Admin

Check with your physician. But I believe you are precluded from having a MRI with an implanted device.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 am 

I have one it's a Nevro Senza high frequency type and has just been passed for having an MRI. I have had it for five years and not been able to have MRI but now I could if needed. It's high frequency so I feel no tingling. It's not a big operation and is reversible. Have you had a trial to see if it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 am 

I haven't done the trial yet. That's my first step.
I'm getting this one (not sure which model I'm getting yet)

http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/p ... s-scs.html

I have to do a psych eval (because I have a bipolar diagnosis) and it's basically red tape bs. I've already talked to my doctor and he said it's just a formality and nothing to worry about. We will do it Friday and then I'll schedule my procedure. How long have you had yours 4wheeldave? Does it help? I want to avoid narcotics so that's why I'm doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:52 pm 

I have had it over five years. It's implanted in my right buttock. It's high frequency so I feel no tingling. It works ok but not as good as I hoped for. It worked best in my first year with it but a wire went wrong so had to have another one put in. The two wires go from the implant down my spinal canal. It's never been as good since the wire revision. You take care and I hope the trial goes well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm 

I had a neurostimulater put in Jan 17. I went through the trials very well and I was impressed. This was for incontinence. It worked great! Until May 31. I was coming out of my shed, I forgot to duck, it knocked me backwards, I tripped over my mower deck and fell on my right knee. I fell at an angle. It tore the quad muscle off of my patella. It also pulled on of my wires. I noticed something different.
I went to my Neurourologist. He readjusted mine and I was working off of one wire. fro July until January 19. I had a back operation, I had a bone spur in my spinal cord. at T-12, L1,2 After my operation
I could go a lot better. Most of my problems was my back . I do have a twisted tailbone. But I had my neurostimulater taken out in Janurary. I needed three mris and couldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:04 pm 

Geez diaperdan that's awful. I sure hope you are doing better.

I found out that I am getting my implant on the 19th of this month. This is the trial one. I'm pretty nervous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm 

Hope it goes well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:18 pm 

Thanks Dave.
I thought I mentioned my incontinence to my doctor but apparently not. She was shocked when I told her but was professional about it. Which was honestly kinda shocking because her bedside manners can be lacking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:38 pm 

What did you all do after your procedure to stay clean? Since I can't bathe and can't reach my backside I'm wondering what to do. I have wipes and I asssume I'll be able to clean my front side for diaper changes.
I'm trying to get a home health nurse but who knows if that will happen.