www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:24 pm 

Surgery for my permanent implant is tomorrow at 11:30am. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30. My ride is scheduled. Hopefully I'll get some rest tonight. I'm treating myself to Chinese food for dinner. Feeling kinda nervous. I'll stay in the hospital until Saturday. I'm taking a pack of northshore supremes cause as we all know hospital diapers suck. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm 

I pray everything goes well!!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm 

Thanks tarlton! Prayers are definitely welcomed.
:)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 pm 

surgery went very well. It took about 3 and a half hours. Last thing I remember is the anesthesia was extremely painful and I don't remember anything after a few seconds. The pain now is bareable. They are giving me Iv dilaudid and oxycodone so that's probably why. Hahahah. They took off my diaper during surgery because the implant went in my left butt cheek. They put on another one when I woke up. I can't change myself so the nurses are doing it. It's not my first time at the rodeo and I'm not even embarrassed anymore. Time to get some rest. I don't know if this made sense since I'm all doped up. Sorry

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 am 

No need to apologize. We’re all glad you got through it alright!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:12 pm 

Thanks tarlton. I'm home now and in a lot of pain. They ga e me dilaudid. I cried on the way home it hurts so bad. The first couple of days are supposed to be the worst. I'm just miserable.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:30 pm 

You take care and well done.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 am 

Thanks Dave. I've been pushing my diapers to capacity because changing is hell. The hospital gave me a grabber so I can pull it up that way. That helps. And I got a good amount of sleep last night. I'm ok just sitting here it's the getting up that's the worst. I'll make it through taking it one day at a time.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm 

3 days post op and I'm starting to feel better. I had to order more diapers. Even though I'm using them to capacity I'm still going through more than I expected. I used a coupon code to get fee shipping so that helped a lot. The morphine has really helped with the pain. I'm not using near what I'm allowed because I don't want to get addicted but I'm totally grateful I have it. It's allowed me to get quality rest too. I have to have my diapers where I can reach them (I can't bend twist etc) so I've given up on trying to hide them. Tomorrow my home nurse starts. I hope they are nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 pm 

justej

I did some home nursing in the past. All I did was take care of the client, never judging them. Yes, I have changed an adult diaper on men and women, it was "just another day at the office". I always did my best to be kind and gentle. If for any reason your nurse is not professional, let the agency know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next