www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 pm 

God! How strange and unfortunate are some of those experiences! but almost everyone among us had some, and if not he´s the exception....

As Cough Cough said in one of his two posts in the topic I don´t try to hide it if it´s not a thing that may have further consequences in imprtant things such as work, etc. I assumed my condition and do my best for doing a life as normal as possible. But it´s not always so easy...I remember now very clearly 2:

1- the first I just commented it in the post I just wrote but for a different thing (it´s in the post about the realworldincon article about the diaper stigma). I was in the hospital because of a A influenza and when the nurse exited from asking if I needed a diaper change the woman married to my neighbor patient in the room said "but do you still wear nappies?" and made me embarrassed but mostly for the way of asking, as if she talked to a litlle kid. I got quite angry (and made her know, for sure! politely but clear)

2- past year I went to the hospital for a blood extraction. The analyse was cause I had a dangerous illness taht made me stay one month in the hospital, 10 days of those in intensive care unit with five in a coma. That month I lost 9 kilos and the analyse was about two weeks later. The extarction was in the 1 floor. I decided to take the stairs for doing a bit of exercise as I was recovering of the coma and was very weak yet. The stairs lead to the waiting room that was full at that time ´cause it´s analyse hour. When I did the last step and my legs were straight, between my weight loss and the heavy things in pockets (iphone, home keys car keys etc) my pants made "flop" and fell inmediatly to my ankles. So I was there in diapers. Needless to say that I reacted quick and crouched and took pants and replaced them, but I was facing about 40-50 persons sat there in the waiting room. I dared not to even raise my head to see any of the presents even knowing that not all them would have benn looking but sure that a few or more than a few saw it clearly. I wanted Earth swallowing me in that very minute :oops: :oops: :oops:

But it´s a good thing to remember this experiences, and to laugh of oneself, and to learn, from yourself and from the others. You never know when it´s gonna happen to you one of these situations!!

See you soon fellas! my best regards :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am 

if You have incontinence sadly you are bound to have a few embarrassing moments. As one that has incontinence issues since childhood, there are a good number of things from wetting in class at school before I started using protection to random leaks. But beyond that, there were two really bad moments for me that stand out and taught me valuable lessons.

the First one was nearly 18 years ago I had a long flight and I knew the protection I was using at the time would not handle the length of the flight I heard great things on the internet about this great product so I ordered a package of this great product to use for the flight. I brought a spare diaper in case I needed a change but close to two hours before we landed I sensed the diaper I was wearing was starting to leak at the same time we hit bad turbulence and we were unable to get up until we landed. when we landed I got up my seat and pants were soaked and when I stood the diaper completely let go and flooded my shoes... a really bad day!

lessons learned Never try something new outside the home! and KNOW HOW long the product will work for you.

A few years later my daily protection was to double up a popular diaper and doing that could last me 8 hours on a good day. one day I was called into my bosses office and told I had a strong body odor and neede to wear deodorant...

Lesson Learned just because a diaper can hold 8 hours does not mean you should go that long if possible. I now change at lunch every day, drink more water and wear a diaper cover. sometimes odor happens but I am sensitive to change as often as possible.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:51 pm 

realworldic wrote:

A few years later my daily protection was to double up a popular diaper and doing that could last me 8 hours on a good day. one day I was called into my bosses office and told I had a strong body odor and neede to wear deodorant...

Lesson Learned just because a diaper can hold 8 hours does not mean you should go that long if possible. I now change at lunch every day, drink more water and wear a diaper cover. sometimes odor happens but I am sensitive to change as often as possible.

I know one can get desentitised to you own smells that's why its beneficial to have a hygiene routine. I change every 4 hours during the day, use adult wet-wipes, dispose of used pads in nappy bags, always put my day clothes in the washing pale and don't use next day. I often wear protection that is probably overkill and feel like it's a waste as its only 60/70% wet but this offers me confidence I'm not going to leak.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:57 am 

i went out with some friends for dinner tonight and realized as i got home that my diaper had ridden above my pul pants and boxers and had been showing.
i have no clue how but my friends know of my incontinence (except a woman who was my friends friend) but damn i wish someone would have told me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:56 am 

Oh how can I forget. I was showing something on my phone to two friends (it was in a web browser) and as I started to scroll down an ad for northshore popped up. I hate how these things track and suggest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 am 

Justej, I worry about that also, but unless I constantly reset my phone I just keep scrolling. The other day I was at Sam's Club and was done changing, but there was only one stall available and there was another guy waiting to use it. There was a trash can right outside the stall, but shoving my diaper into it didn't work as the opening was too small against the wall. Now I had no choice but to carry it towards the entrance to the bigger trash can. I was wondering if the other guy saw what I was doing, but snapped back to my senses realizing I would probably never see this guy again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am 

batman381327 wrote:
Now I had no choice but to carry it towards the entrance to the bigger trash can. I was wondering if the other guy saw what I was doing, but snapped back to my senses realizing I would probably never see this guy again.

Its always just a bit of an anxious moment when walking out of the stall with a used product, what is worse is when there are no trashcans in the restroom!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 am 

Batman's post got me to thinking if I've ever seen anyone come out of a mens room stall carrying a diaper and I can say no. Now is that because it's never actually happened or is it because it's just not something that I would have noticed? I think it's probably the later which just kind of proves the point that others generally just aren't all that interested in what others around them are doing. I think this is especially true when it comes to others noticing that you are wearing a diaper under your regular clothing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:58 am 

realworldic wrote:
batman381327 wrote:
Now I had no choice but to carry it towards the entrance to the bigger trash can. I was wondering if the other guy saw what I was doing, but snapped back to my senses realizing I would probably never see this guy again.

Its always just a bit of an anxious moment when walking out of the stall with a used product, what is worse is when there are no trashcans in the restroom!

It's a weird thing, really. Restrooms for women and for physically disabled people (which often also serve double purpose for childcare, at least where I live) have nice, large bins with lids. But the men's toilets, no way. No bin in the stall and only one, usually open bin next to the hand washing basin. Bars are especially terrible, although I don't go out often, but gas stations are nearly as bad. Both types of places usually have a disgusting, open barrell with all the used hand towels and slimy snus-bags serving as a bin. It actually makes me feel bad to slap a used diaper in the midst of all that. Thinking of the people who have to empty to those bins makes me sorry.
As a side note:
I've even seen toilets with no stall doors. YAY!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:23 am 

A few embarrassing situations.

1) I have bladder issues, but sometimes my bowels act up too. I went into a toilet in a cafe with my bowels cramping and just I had pulled down my trousers and was starting to fidget with my diaper-tabs, I lost my bowel control. Of course there was not a bidet in the toielt and the accident I had was rather sticky in nature. Luckily my Attends M8 held it all in and I didn't get any of that stuff on my clothes, but cleaning myself with only the help of a roll of toilet tissue and some hand sanitizer is something I wish never to experience again. And of course they only had one open bin in the whole toilet so I had to roll up and dump the soiled diaper into that.

2) I was traveling by bus. It had been a long day: I had traveled early in the morning into another city and late in the afternoon I took a bus back to my home town. It was about four hours of sitting in a bus into one direction. My bladder was really bad that day. On the morning bus I had already used one diaper and when in town I had to change twice. REALLY BAD. I was wearing my last diaper which already was a bit wet. If I had an accident, I worried it might leak

We all know it is very difficult to use a small, crammy bus toilet when the coach is driving 80 km/h on a slippery winter road. So I had to wait until the bus stopped for a few minutes to pick up and let out passengers. So I went into the toilet and really had trouble with the diaper tabs. I had to take a leak sitting down because the toilet was so small, so I had to open my diaper tabs. Had I been able to do it standing up, it would have been easier. I would have just opened the upper tabs and peed the normal way. But that was out of the question. I was taping my diaper with shaking hands and aching bladder and feeling irritated when then this one lady comes banging at the door and yelling for me to come out. Well I did and stormed past her. And I heard her yapping and nagging something about "people taking the toilet and spending too much time there". I really wanted to tell her a few facts about the reality of living with bladder issues. But then again, maybe she had bladder issues, too. Now I am wiser to actualy wear heavier protection and I also avoid traveling by bus. Trains at least have decently sized and equipped toilets meant for wheelchair-users and families needing to clean their babies, so I use them if there's no queue.

3) I looked after an old farmhouse and the surrounding environment a few years back during the summer when the regular staff had their holidays. It was a hot summer and my work was veryphysical in nature (mowing grass with scythe and machine, cutting small trees etc. etc.) so I had to drink a lot of water to keep hydrated. Of course this also meant that I had to wear -and often use- my diaper. One day someone from the neighbouring house walked through the yard with his friendly dog, who came to me and started to sniff at my groin area with great interest. I just patted the mutt and hushed it away but it still felt a bit uncomfortable. The owner, of course, knew nothing, but just the idea that the dog knew "there's urine down there!!" was somewhat embarrassing (and kinda humorous, now that I think of it).